DonPiano

Infinity mesh backpad. Durable?

Hey All,

I'm in the process of ordering a new container. I've settled on an Infinity and I'm considering the option for the mesh backpad. However, I've heard that it wears out much faster than the cordura. Can anybody weigh in on this? I don't mind sacrificing a little bit of comfort for longevity.

Cheers!

I have had my Infinity nearly two years and the back pad looks as good as the day I received it. I pretty much only ever pack indoors and on a carpet, but I don't use a packing mat and I drag the container to the bag when I am stowing the lines.

We have another 7 on the DZ and they all look good as well.
It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice.

1000+ jumps on my Infinity with mesh back pad. Mesh isn't showing any wear that Ive noticed. Just got another infinity and wouldn't get it without the mesh. There are more infinity's on my dropzone than another rig at this point. Haven't heard anyone complain about the back pad wearing.
(insert philosophical quote here)

Somewhere around 400 or so jumps on the one I got in late 2011 and it's holding up beautifully. And it's COMFY! Go for it.B|

"There is only one basic human right, the right to do as you damn well please. And with it comes the only basic human duty, the duty to take the consequences." -P.J. O'Rourke

I've seen mesh backpads (not just the mesh that is on infinities, but also spacer foam from other mfrs) with little things stuck in them. Depending on the particular thing (gravel, twigs, etc), it can be pretty tough to get it out of the mesh. If you use a drag mat when packing, that shouldn't be a problem. If you don't, just be sure you're packing on a surface that's clear of debris, and you should do just fine!

Can't speak to the Infinity mesh, but if it's the same as used on the Mirage rig, then I'd say its pretty darn durable. The mesh on my Mirage looks identical to that used on my Kriega R30 motorcycle backpack which I use in all weather conditions, toss on the floor, side of the road, etc. and it has yet to show any wear after 3 years of daily use