evan85

Voodoo Curv freefly handle

Deyan

Just ignore the flap when you pack FF handle. They don't work together .

Thanks. I don't have a curv (yet), just trying to see what it would look like . So the ff handle has a normal tuck-tab and that goes into the rig like it would on any other rig--that is to say, there's space under where the flap is where you can tuck it?

Deyan

Just ignore the flap when you pack FF handle. They don't work together .

That is almost correct but not really. :P

It is false!

The flap fits between the handle and canopy material. The handle is attached on each of the handle ends. There is a flap size slot for the flap to pass through.

I have one at home but I'm a day away from being able to take a picture. If none are posted before then, I'll take one and post it.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

Here's a couple of photos of my rig with freefly handle. There's a flap either side of the handle. With one side longer than the other. I personally tuck the long flap under the BOC spandex and the short side under the container side flap.

That handle routing flap is just tucked out of the way inside the BOC, under the pilot chute.

NPower

Here's a couple of photos of my rig with freefly handle. There's a flap either side of the handle. With one side longer than the other. I personally tuck the long flap under the BOC spandex and the short side under the container side flap.

That handle routing flap is just tucked out of the way inside the BOC, under the pilot chute.

Thanks! When did you get your curv? I have a friend with one and his ff handle looks very different (only 1 small tab, only on 1 side of the handle). He just got his this summer. Thanks!

hookitt

***Just ignore the flap when you pack FF handle. They don't work together .

It is false!

The flap fits between the handle and canopy material. The handle is attached on each of the handle ends. There is a flap size slot for the flap to pass through.

I have one at home but I'm a day away from being able to take a picture. If none are posted before then, I'll take one and post it.

If my info comes from the manufacturer, could it really be "false" ? And is it possible that they have changed the design at some point?! So we both could be "wrong" or "right" at the same time!
Think about it :)
"My belief is that once the doctor whacks you on the butt, all guarantees are off" Jerry Baumchen

evan85

Thanks! When did you get your curv? I have a friend with one and his ff handle looks very different (only 1 small tab, only on 1 side of the handle). He just got his this summer. Thanks!

No problem. I ordered mine last December and it was delivered in April.

NPower

FYI, I asked RI about this and they told me that the double-tab version (like the one NPower has) is the "old" version, and the single-tab version that only tucks into the side flap but not the BOC is the "new version".

evan85

FYI, I asked RI about this and they told me that the double-tab version (like the one NPower has) is the "old" version, and the single-tab version that only tucks into the side flap but not the BOC is the "new version".

Interesting. Did they happen to mention what prompted the switch to a single-tab version?

NPower

Interesting. Did they happen to mention what prompted the switch to a single-tab version?

They said there was a concern that the double-tab version could make for a hard pull that would result in a total mal and a reserve ride. (They didn't say they'd gotten reports of this happening or anything like that, just that they were concerned and made the switch for that reason.)

I totally forgot I posted here. Ha..Yeah You're definitely correct. No need to think about it. Posted from my phone in haste!

Here's the old handle.

Attachment too big. Hang on. Go do something else for a 2 minutes to simulate the time it takes to reduce the photo size.

This is a 2011. I kinda like the design.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto

hookitt

***Just ignore the flap when you pack FF handle. They don't work together .

It is false!

DONT!!!!
gravity brings me down.........

theplummeter

I ordered my Curv earlier this year, and was advised to get the hacky handle since I wingsuit and the small freefly handle had contributed to a few no pull incidents at Eloy (people new to the rig on wingsuit jumps). The freefly handle really is small compared to most manufacturers.

I understand the new FF handles are a bit bigger and have the same grippy material as the cutaway handles. Mine is set to arrive Monday so I'll post a pic when it does B|

evan85

***I ordered my Curv earlier this year, and was advised to get the hacky handle since I wingsuit and the small freefly handle had contributed to a few no pull incidents at Eloy (people new to the rig on wingsuit jumps). The freefly handle really is small compared to most manufacturers.

I understand the new FF handles are a bit bigger and have the same grippy material as the cutaway handles. Mine is set to arrive Monday so I'll post a pic when it does B|

I really liked the small free fly handle idea but could see myself gloved up in a wingsuit unable to find that small of a handle. If it's a little larger I may order a second set of risers and free fly handled pilot chute so I can swap out canopies on different jumps. I would like to keep my current canopy for wingsuit stuff but get something newer for freefly/hop and pop jumps.