Chris-Ottawa

Phenominal Service from "not who you think this thread will be about"

We all know L&B has proved to provide phenomenal service, but I recently had the opportunity to deal with an L&B competitor and had a very similar experience.

The first altimeter I bought about 6 years ago was a Neptune2. It worked flawlessly for me up until a month ago when I was at the DZ and went to check the time. I was shocked to see that the Altimeter thought I was at 8700 feet, then 4200 feet, then -840 feet, then 210 feet then 6300 feet etc... It was all over the place every second. I pulled the battery (twice), and it seemed to level off. I jumped the rest of the day while being skeptical of it's function. One week later, I was jumping again, and at about 4500 feet, I looked at my altimeter to see "Error 42 - Return to service center for repair". Crap! It was working fine just a couple minutes earlier. Continued jumping as planned without the Alti.

So, thinking I needed a new Alti...I reached out to Alti-2 to see what options I had for trade up/repair etc. Barbara replied to my web ticket and told me to send it in for FREE repair or use it to take $100 off an N3. I would have loved to upgrade, but the budget didn't permit, so I opted for repair. I got it back about 3 weeks later, but it was not repaired, it was exchanged with a brand new Neptune 2 (likely refurbished, but it looks brand new anyways).

Alti-2 has a new fan... I love my L&B dytter, but Alti-2 has certainly stepped up their game and I like it! Happy customer, happy review.

Thank you so much Alti-2 and Barbara!
"When once you have tasted flight..."