Fall0ut

New Square1 Fullface Helmet KISS

$428?! The flipping equipment prices of gear just keeps climbing and climbing... sheesh.

KISS your paycheck goodbye with the latest in fishbowl technology :D

Personally I love how often "the new hotness" comes out, it keeps the used gear market churning so people like me can get perfectly usable gear for much more reasonable prices.

woppyvac

$428?! The flipping equipment prices of gear just keeps climbing and climbing... sheesh.

I cant speak to their production costs, so cant intelligently comment on their retail price. But compared to other helmets in other market segments (motorcycles, downhill skiing, etc) that do provide a much much higher level of safety and protection and at a comparative or even less expensive price than what is commonly available in the skydiving world....one could surmise the price for standard ABS plastic is a bit high.

Ah thanks I missed that line--when I read your post my first thought was someone was trying to patent the concept of a fishbowl facemask or something else very common. were this a software patent, it probably would be possible

not to say that slits in the facemask to reduce fogging isn't very common, of course!

Possible - yes.

Is there enough sales to pay back the patent fees and make a profit - maybe if you raise the price a tad.

Sure, the patent can be used on feature helmets too but in my opinion... If someone wants to use your patented technology they will find a way to do it.

I always wonder why no company has already come up with the idea to offer a skydiving helmet that offers actual impact protection with polystyrene-liner so that it can be used for base jumping as well.

Paragliding helmets prove that the shell does not have to be extremely bulky to protect your head

Don't know for sure how the legal system works for you, but if you win the lawsuit here you have no or very few fees to pay.
The big difference between 3 rings and 'new anti fog system' is size of market as you might understand.

Not all jumpers use fullface helmets, and only a few of them will buy a Square1 helmet, even fewer will buy the new Kiss helmet.

Regarding patentfees. Here in Sweden a patent for only Sweden will cost you about 20-25000 the first year. And thats only a national patent. International costs a bit more :P
But this is only rough numbers that I recently looked in too.

Well, at least Square1 understands their target demographic. I mean, what name would apply to 20-40 males more than "Kiss"?

On yeah...pretty much anything.

And that lipstick logo? Seriously?

I'd never ignore a product due to shitty marketing but holy jebus that's a bad one.
Apex BASE

Today I have seen one in real life and was surprised that is has NO chinstrap and is only secured by a kill-line tensioned by the two levers on the front!

It was not the right size for me to try it on.. hope to get my hands on one larger the next days. But I am not sure how secure a helmet without any strap under the chin can be locked onto the head properly without making chin movement painful.

Has anybody had a chance to try out one of these helmets? I'm not fully decided on whether I want to get the Kiss or the Bonehead Aero. The Kiss seems to be engineered better, with the inclusion of the audible altimeter slots and the design where the visor meets the helmet.
The Aero, on the other hand, appears to have a larger visor and includes a cutaway chin strap. I wish I had a dealer nearby so that I could try them both for fit and visibility.

KurtDF

***will add more pictures later

any new pictures/videos/thoughts?

Here you are a Video link and Picture...

http://vimeo.com/album/3120887/video/113572520

My personal opinion its not a safe helmet, its just a cover your face into the air...more usable in a winter season. For me was unconfortable cos hitting a student head with the chin part of the helmet when the parachute was open, and not collaborate with the communication with him under canopy...I will try to use and test others full face helmets...but the more important things its a no safe devices...

Anybody has a technical specifications or safe data of this helmet ?

Continuous....

Buba
be safe and intrepid...
HISPA # 20

Anybody has a technical specifications or safe data of this helmet ?

I am not aware of any skydiving helmet - that undergoes, let alone carries specification(s) or safety certification(s) along with it, of any kind.

Not sure what you are looking for, or asking with this. -?
coitus non circum - Moab Stone

I own one now, I will have to report back after it gets some freefall and tunnel time.

My initial observations are as follows:
-Very comfortable.
-Good visibility
-Big enough to fit moderate size prescription eye glasses underneath the visor.
-Super easy to open and close the visor.

Feels very secure, at least on the ground. The latches at the front lock down the tension on the draw string that runs the entire skirt. The draw string is easily adjustable at the back of the helmet. At first I thought I goofed and needed an XL instead of a L as measured, but after a 5 minute adjustment it feels great.
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P