wildblue

Public Service Announcement

Kids,
Do you and your friends like to freefly? Sitfly? Sure, we all enjoy it from time to time. But please, make sure your gear is in good shape, this includes making sure your BOC is tight so this doesn't happen to you
(show video)
This public service announcement has been brought to you by dropzone.com, wildbluesky.com, and the Center for Safe Freeflying.
No skydivers were injured in the making of this video
Then, I saw these two guys swoopin across the pond, and I was like 'weeeeeee!!!!'

I'm thinking they were talking like that happened at 9000 feet. Wildblue said a few choice works once his canopy opened that the video caught. I seem to remember it was like " What the %*#$ was that? Holy #$%#$% #@$^* that had to $#@&, F#*% Hurt." That continued for a few more lines... altogether it was funny to listen to him. :)It looked like the normal 2-3 inch line stows that are recommened for packing to me.... I might be wrong.
Do I HAVE to do another raft dive??? :)

I'm thinking they were talking like that happened at 9000 feet.

Yeah, it was 9000 or maybe a little higher. Right after it happened I just kinda stayed on my back looking up at him hoping he was ok. Funny thing was, I had been teasing him about his Dolphin right before we went on the jump.
....and then I saw his foot and knew I had to make him mine:)

But we know where my rig was instead of on him....grrrrrrrr.

You're way too cute for her anyway!! I really don't understand why you have trouble getting a girl. Are you sure you're trying?
BTW, I got my pictures developed last night and there is an awesome picture of me and you in the DC3. I'll scan and email it to you later or just show it to you this weekend.
....and then I saw his foot and knew I had to make him mine:)

I know for a fact that the BOC on that rig is almost new so thats probally ruled out. The Pilot chue..... cant be sure of that but I know he's had problems with the main flap poping open and the dolphin's riser covers opening in freefall before.
I jumped a Dolphin for a while but decided to go with something different based on the overall feel of the rig. Dolphins are great for starters but at my DZ I know of the mals caused by the riser covers opeing in freefall. Two of the mals happened to the same lady. :o She had to chop both of the due to the toglle poping out with the riser and spinning up the canopy pretty good.
Flying on your belly is great..... if thats all you can do! ;)

The thing is that as you clearly see in the video he did not have a horseshoe malfunction, which would be the case if the bridle or bag left the container while the pilot chute was still in the pouch.
In this case it seems the pilot chute got out and pulled the bag out, thus it has nothing to do with the riser covers or flap.
I have no idea how a pilot chute will come out of a perfectly good pouch if it was packed properly but it has nothing to do with the Dolphin.
Anyway I hope you and your friends continue having fun jumps, it looked really fun until that pilot chute came out.
David
See my photos and video

actually, I think we did figure it was his BOC that caused the problem.
As far as the risers coming open, I have seen a few people replace the velcro with snaps. Seems to work pretty good.
Then, I saw these two guys swoopin across the pond, and I was like 'weeeeeee!!!!'