weaverd

REVIEW Bonehead Aero Helmet

What about an antifog ventilation system? You wrote it has an excellent antifog coating, but is it vented well? I can't see any ventilation holes.
Seems like your nose and mouth are facing the visor really close.
I'm afraid that the visor will be misted over during a cold weather jumps. :(

IURKOFF

What about an antifog ventilation system? You wrote it has an excellent antifog coating, but is it vented well? I can't see any ventilation holes.
Seems like your nose and mouth are facing the visor really close.
I'm afraid that the visor will be misted over during a cold weather jumps. :(

Yes there is a vent hole at the bottom. Hard to see in the pictures. I have jumped it in cold weather and it has not fogged up once.

Yea. I like my G3 but there are some features of the Aero that look awesome. Hopefully we can hear from others or find one to try out. I'm planning on keepng my G3 for the tunnel and getting something else for the sky. Perhaps another G3 or an Aero.
Chance favors the prepared mind.

I can't speak much for how the Aero performs in the air since I've only jumped with mine once. That being said I can speak for the fit on it.

My head measure exactly at the 24" mark and is a more round shape. According to that the G3 size XXL should have fit so I ordered one. When it arrived the helmet did technically fit; but it was so tight that the top of my ears would start to fold over and when I closed the helmet strap it would compress my jaw so much that my teeth misaligned and I absolutely could not move anything, in short it really freaking hurt. I spent an entire night adjusting the strap and hoping the fit would improve with no luck.

I sent it back and ordered the Aero in the XXL size. It arrived and was an immediate upgrade and improvement on the fit. The helmet is snug; but not so tight that it hurts. Getting it on and off is no problem and they also included some extra pad shims for the helmet incase it is too large or for when the pads compress due to use.

I jump it with Oakley Half Jackets on my nose (http://www.caccessories.com/wp-content/uploads/2010/12/26/women-sunglasses-2010122661.jpg)
and I assume those are bulkier than the average prescription clear glasses. Definitely a lot of room between your nose and the visor for any type of "normal" glasses/sunglasses.
I'm standing on the edge
With a vision in my head
My body screams release me
My dreams they must be fed... You're in flight.

Am looking to replace my BH Revolve because it sometimes leaks wind into during a hard arch when belly flying. Can anyone comment on the amount of air that gets into the Aero? My eyes seem to be very sensitive to air flow and tear up if there is much of any wind.
My Dad used to ask me if someone jumped off a bridge would I do that too? No, but if they jumped out of an airplane, that's a different question...

sa39561

Thanks for the review! Any thoughts on how this helmet will work with glasses? I wear prescription glasses and hope this helmet would work with them.

This is the exact reason I got me a Rev2, also from Bonehead. I haven't had a chance to try an Aero, so it's not a direct comparison, but Rev2 is splendid for bespectacled people. Since I have a very strong prescription I never take my glasses off, and the comfort of putting it on and taking it off is unbeatable. It works better than a conventional fullface or an open face, as there aren't any goggles to mess with. It's just put it on, then flip it closed before exiting.
"Skydivers are highly emotional people. They get all excited about their magical black box full of mysterious life saving forces."

Pat007

Am looking to replace my BH Revolve because it sometimes leaks wind into during a hard arch when belly flying. Can anyone comment on the amount of air that gets into the Aero? My eyes seem to be very sensitive to air flow and tear up if there is much of any wind.

I have never had a problem with Air coming in on the AERO