skyhawk

What would u like to c in a skydiving documentry

ok hears the deal i want to get into the film and telivision industrie in either cameraman or editor.i have been talking to some insiders and they said spending $7000 on film school (which i cant afford anyways) is a waste of time and money. nInstead im going to get a trainieship/ apprentiship type of thing. Of course i need something to make them want me so after i make some small films to learn and improve my skills im goen to make a documentry to show them.
1. the content doesnt really matter cause im not trying to sell it (it still has to be interesting but it doesnt matter if they have a huge interest in jumpining)
2.the purpose is to show my skills in editing and camera work
3. im doen skydiven cause its easier to be creative ( i get c's in english i did one on skydiving and i got a high B) and i have easy access to info and ppl
so what would you as a jumper like to c/ not see in it (hey i may as well make it watchable by someone) :-)
oh yeh and anyone wanna give me a job im willing to travel lol

Hey, my brother...
If you really want to know, send me an email.
But as a general student film there are a thousand different things. It is difficult to zero in on a topic in skydiving.
Levin did a speech on swooping, with visuals. Therein, he could have done a thousand specific details.
You could go back to the DeVinci design of a parachute.
Geronimo has a parachute history dealio you could use for research.
AirAnn has a split personality:
HOWEVER, the whole thing behind AirAnn the "supporter/promoter" is to support women skydivers. Get the word out about skydiving for women. It is a little different for women as compared to men. Sure, there is the adrenline thing. But its so much more.
Ann the person who is serious, got herself as AirAnn the Happy will talk your ear off about womens skydiving- sponsored by Moving Comfort, a company owned by women when she had around 80 jumps. That is for running clothing. (more sponsors coming soon) Yeah, its a real big deal.
Go see Dead Mike, talk to him. He can lead you in the right direction. He is a good man and a friend of mine. Also a film maker. I also have two other close friends. A producer and a director. (Different companies, but whuffos)
Skydive~Friends~Happiness
AirAnn
www.AirAnn.com

Speaking of Jumping :
I enjoy watching people's first jumps. Like take a person all the way from the trip to the DZ for the first time, to their ground training, gear, emergency procedures - jump - landing, debrief by the JM. I think AFF would be more interesting than Tandem too. Especially for a Non Skydiver to watch. You have a chance to really capture the anticipation and training, plus show skydiving as the MENTAL SPORT it truely is.
Or...Follow a Jumper through getting his Rating. Show the intense time, money and training required to be a Jumpmaster. -Sounds like a fun project.
Fly Your Slot !

what would you as a jumper like to c

Well, skyhawk, as someone who works in the tv indusrty as a producer/editor, i'd definitely like to see ... boobs! And lots of 'em! Seriously, Ben, I don't think you should have to spend 7 thousand aussie bananas to get an education in the broadcasting industry ... do you have any community colleges nearby with media courses? And what sort of equipment do you plan on making your demo video with? I'll be happy to help you all I can...
Frank

skyhawk,
lots of universities and TAFE colleges have short courses in film making that may be appropriate for you, or adult education groups.
As for what would be good... following a first-time AFF jumper as was suggested sounds good. Or "A day at the dropzone" thing.
Sounds like a great idea, good luck.
Larissa

Any skydiving documentry must include boobies...
Oh yeah, and showing the diffrent disciplines would be cool 'cause most whuffos don't know that there is more to skydiving than just falling out of the sky and that there are many diffrent ways to skydive.
That and boobies must be involved.

For a first effort/demo film, keep your subject small.
For example, you could do a piece on pond swooping.
To hold the audience's attention, throw in a few splashes!
To hold the skydivers' attention, throw in some advice on how to fly an aggressive approach and survive.

hey Rob, that was actually John's first attempt at that sort of thing. He preveiwed a rough cut last year at Cross Keys Am Cup event, I was sitting front and center, you could hear a pin drop and I figured most people had left, turns out, it was packed and everyone was just watching. It's really good. not that it matters, I'd just use it as a model of how to do it well and keep everyone interested.