Amyr

Skytronics dytter Battery cr2040

I am wanting to sell my dytter, I no longer use. However I do not want to sell it with out a fresh set of batteries. They seem to no longer make the cr 2040. I saw a post from 2008 about folding a small piece of aluminum foil and using 2 cr-2032. Is there any other solution then this?

Amyr

I am wanting to sell my dytter, I no longer use. However I do not want to sell it with out a fresh set of batteries. They seem to no longer make the cr 2040. I saw a post from 2008 about folding a small piece of aluminum foil and using 2 cr-2032. Is there any other solution then this?

I can't even find any technical information on the CR2040. Don't use 2 batteries to replace one, get more info first.

Are you sure that the Dytter manual does not specify an alternate battery? If you are talking about the original Dytter, I think I have used an alternative.

Google does not have a listing for a alternative for the cr-2040 although they do have alternatives for every other battery ever made in history. Batteries direct does not have it listed. Maxell was the only one to ever make the battery as far as the research I have come up with.
and it is not even listed on Amazon.com

At least I found some specs, and maybe a place to buy them. Same diameter as CR-2032. Slightly thicker, 4.0mm versus 3.2 for the CR-2032. Maybe you can use CR-2032 in the device if the battery contacts allow.

http://www.batterybuyer.com/cr2040-maxell-coin-type-lithium-battery-only-coin-cell-will-sent-image-display-only-p-748.html

By the way batteries like the CR-2032 are cheap if you get them at electronics places.

http://www.mouser.com/ProductDetail/Panasonic-Battery/CR2032/?qs=sGAEpiMZZMtLck3p7ZBovbxA0OP75j3l

When I looked I found some right away. I did not realize they were discontinued and hard to find. I now know that I just got lucky because I'm in Canada so Google gave me Canadian listings. This link claims to stock them, but it is likely they are not too fresh.

http://www.batterybuyer.com/cr2040-maxell-coin-type-lithium-battery-only-coin-cell-will-sent-image-display-only-p-748.html
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.