voidlizard

Vortex II experience?

Could anyone share any experience with Vortex II container?

I have a gear seller nearby that offers a good price for this containers.

There are a few reviews about those containers and that reviews are quite outdated.

The thing that bothers me about them is are they really frefly friendly? The risers look a bit exposed to the air flow and there is a mention on the forums that someone got the risers blown out in the headdown position.

voidlizard

Vortex is TSO'ed, price is almost the same. And it's 6 weeks to delivery against 15 weeks for SWS.

You just answered your own question.... I know someone who put 1K+ jumps on Vortex - no problems. If TSO and delivery time is so important - save few more Rubles and order Infinity :)

It's no VSE but I love my Vortex II. Super comfy, stylish, fully articulated with stainless for a fraction of the cost of other brands. Never had a problem with the riser flaps or pin flaps coming open prematurely. Repacking and closing the reserve isn't as easy at first as on an infinity because of the external spring. But it's been a solid system for me so far.
Never, under any circumstances, take a sleeping pill and a laxative on the same night.

Vortex II is a solid choice at a budget price

I highly recommend getting all the optional padding, cut in laterals and at least leg articulation.

I jump an old one without the extras but my friends have newer ones which are really comfortable

Very well establish brand and best choice of the container on the current market your money can buy for sure. Plz note there’ve been quite a few changes in the rig’s design over the years (like with every other container’s manufacturer), and the current version of it as solid FF rig as it only could be. The rig holds both EU and US TSO certifications making it jumping legal everywhere in the world. Can’t go wrong with Vortex buddy.
P.S Fully optioned Infinity retails for way over $2K