Dutchboy

Broken Eagle broke herself

We had a little mishap at the DZ yesterday. At the end of a kick-butt 4-way sitfly jump, Broken Eagle landed on some pavement and broke her good ankle. For the record, this was much less serious than shattering her other ankle into 16 pieces while roller skating several years back.
On the last night load of the day (this morning actually) someone had a cutaway of a black canopy. Don't know if they found it this morning or not.
The Dutchboy
http://www.geocities.com/ppolstra

HEY BROKEN EAGLE,
if you're out there i hope you heal fast and relatively painless. i've mett you a few times at the dz but we never jumped. get well soon. ill be back in a year to catch up with lisa and the rest of the crew that may remember me by then...
have funLIVE FREE,skydive
JT

We had a little mishap at the DZ yesterday. At the end of a kick-butt 4-way sitfly jump, Broken Eagle landed on some pavement and broke her good ankle. For the record, this was much less serious than shattering her other ankle into 16 pieces while roller skating several years back.

Damn, that sucks.. Hope she heals fast.. Any idea how long she's out of commission?
Hmmm.....I recall you saying that you couldn't make it to Atlanta Freeflight because you had to work, or something like that......but you were jumping on Sat, eh? Hmm..
Mike

"Hmmm.....I recall you saying that you couldn't make it to Atlanta Freeflight because you had to work, or something like that......but you were jumping on Sat, eh? Hmm.."
Yeah.....what's up with that????? :( I see how it is........
Broken Eagle living up to her name again? Sorry to hear it. Get well soon!
"There once was a man named Enis.....B|"-Krusty the Clown
Clay

Last weekend was bad for me, too. Last Saturday my RW partner on a 2-way twisted my right arm and disclocated it in freefall. I couldn't reach the BOC so I used my left hand and grabbed silver. I was jumping a Racer rental with two Ravens in it, no AAD, no RSL. I had to land the reserve with only one working hand, but at least I had enough alti to practice flaring on heading before I landed.
Got some Ketamine (special-K) in the hospital! :)
-C
In God We Trust. All others pay cash.

Hmmm.....I recall you saying that you couldn't make it to Atlanta Freeflight because you had to work, or something like that......but you were jumping on Sat, eh? Hmm..

I did have to work. I had to fly the jump plane for the night jumps that night. They had another pilot who was flying during the day. I wasn't supposed to be at the DZ till late afternoon, but my flight lesson got cancelled when the CFI got stuck on another checkride he was doing. That's how I got there early enough to jump with Faye when she was injured.
The Dutchboy
http://www.geocities.com/ppolstra

Hey, thanks, guys... you know you are all my heroes, as well!! Thanks, Dutch, for being so nice to me for my misjudged landing- I do have to say I never expected you would tell the rest of the family, tho- as of right now, my left leg's fibia has a fairly clean break just above the ankle, the tibia is broken in the back behind the ankle, and I've torn the ligament on the left as well. I've been told I'm out of the sport for 4 months minimum, possibly more. I have a temporary electric blue cast, in two weeks they'll xray it again, hopefully it won't have shifted and I won't have to have the surgery I've been threatened with. :)
I'm really very gentle, no matter what my kung-fu teacher says...

In God We Trust. All others pay cash.

christoofar,
i saw this in a little pub up in the neterlands near texel, i though it fit there.... this is the only other time i've ever seen it! i like it!!!
eagle,
hope ya heal fast.... may the blue in you cast always keep your head in the sky.........

"up my noooossseee"- wingnut, at first euro dz.com boogie