FrE3minD

Sonic Aerial vs Instructor - Pictures Needed

Hi everybody.

I'm just about to order my first suit.

As I'm a little bit short for my weight (177cm, 89kilos) my Instructor recommended the AERIAL for me, which was my first choice as well.

But until now I could find nowbody who jumps this suit so I gut get a First-Hand on it, especially the look.

It's mostly cotton/polycotton; And as I have seen quite a few other manufacturers' cotton suits I'm a little bit afraid it might not look pleasant to me, rather like some kind of night-suit oder Jogging-Suit than some modern, high-quality skydiving stuff :)

As I found out (an spoke about with my Instructor) the INSTRUCTOR suit would fit my need quite well, too, beside beeing a little bit "warmer".

So I would really appreciate some real-Life quality Pictures of the AERIAL worn. Unforntunately I was not able to find some via Google: Just the advertise pictures from sonics website an some pretty old 64kbyte Pics.

Mostly I'm searching for pictures, but your opinion regarding these two suits is welcome anyway!

Thank you

Andreas

how about the v2.0 with the double-cordura on arms and legs? that will slow you down as well, you also have the baggy-option. i'm 178cm and weigh about 90kgs, my fallrate is fine with double and "normal" fit.
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

@ virgin-burner:

my first thought was about the V3 too, but my Instructor thoguht it might be still too fast for me, as I have my weight somehow concentrated at my belly, which is where the "stretchy" part would be.

And with our student suits (Sonic STUDENT) which uses similar fabrics as the V3 I have a tight fit around the body, and quite wide legs with thick cordura and still fall around 60 m/s, maybe faster the more stable I get :)

So I think it really comes down to those two (AERIAL/INSTRUCTOR), besides they both hav some options I would have to pay for if I chose the V3.

FrE3minD

re-read my post, the v2.0 is somewhat cheaper than the V3; it also has the "techy-look" you seem to like.

also take into consideration what you wanna do in the future, RW, FF..

have you checked with rainbow? german company, nice suits too, dont know their prices though..
“Some may never live, but the crazy never die.”
-Hunter S. Thompson
"No. Try not. Do... or do not. There is no try."
-Yoda

@ virgin-burner

Sry, I somehow implied V3 would be the next generation of the V2, but after looking again at the sonic-HP I found out, that V2 is quite diefferent and still available :)

But this quote pretty much sums it up:

To improve the speed of the flight, the shoulders, arms, and front of the body up to the knees are made out of Nylon (windproof fabrics that allows wind gliding)

Rainbow: Yes, I've heard of them, there are even many at our DZ which stick to Rainbow, but didn't find any model that pleases me in technical design and/or pattern.

So among those many manufactureres it's down to Sonic.
As long as I won't find another SUPER-EXTREME-GOOD suit, I'm not into reading and comparing 243434 Suits again :)

Took me 4 weeks to decide on a helmet, mostly because of the many many availiable models :) (Got a Cookie Fuel)

Anyone with pics of the AERIAL?