lepidoctora

Pulse 150 into Vector 308?

Looking at possibly trading in my beloved larger Mirage for a trim Vector 308. Purpose: wingsuit.

Can anyone comment on fitting a Pulse 150 into a V308 with an Optimum 126? I'm flying that size Pulse now and would rather leave more room to play in the downsize direction.

It's weird because looking at the sizing chart I'd think a Pulse 150 would fit as "full fitting" but instead they have a Pulse 135 as full fitting alongside a Sabre 135. Which isn't the case with any of the other similar-sized canopies on the rest of the charts.

(In case there happens to be any sidetracking on wingloading: in my case, don't worry overmuch about wingloading. I am plumply small at 125lbs and can do whatever I want... within reason).
You were born with wings. Why prefer to crawl through life?

my current V308 has a OP143 reserve, i had fitted silhouette 150 and specter 150 which was very tight. then I had a pulse 135 which pack smaller then next canopy crossfire 119. so i guess, with your combination, it will fit very easily. you can considering up size your reserve to OP143 too.

lepidoctora

Looking at possibly trading in my beloved larger Mirage for a trim Vector 308. Purpose: wingsuit.

Can anyone comment on fitting a Pulse 150 into a V308 with an Optimum 126? I'm flying that size Pulse now and would rather leave more room to play in the downsize direction.

It's weird because looking at the sizing chart I'd think a Pulse 150 would fit as "full fitting" but instead they have a Pulse 135 as full fitting alongside a Sabre 135. Which isn't the case with any of the other similar-sized canopies on the rest of the charts.

(In case there happens to be any sidetracking on wingloading: in my case, don't worry overmuch about wingloading. I am plumply small at 125lbs and can do whatever I want... within reason).

for your reference http://www.unitedparachutetechnologies.com/PDF/CHART_00037___Rig_Sizing_Chart.pdf

Yep, I'd second that anomaly you've spotted. I'd even say, that a Pulse 170 will still fit.

Why?
1) the anomally. If you compare the Pulse with the Sabre2 they usually differ in 1 size in the same fitting category and in two sizes from standard->full fitting.
2) the above claim is somewhat real, since according to official PD documentation (http://www.performancedesigns.com/packingchart.asp) the Pulse packs 2 sizes smaller than a Sabre2.
Therefor my rough guest is the same as yours for the v308:

Pulse 170 full fitting
Pulse 150 standard fitting