Neoslim22

VX with JVX lineset.

Steeper trim, longer lines. I've jumped several with this setup and in my experience they tend to dive a little longer, and gives em a little more range on rears. It also in my opinion, helps with the openings tremendously.

I own three FX's with JVX lines (minus a2 and c2) and absolutely love them this way.

Just like people have commented on this, it is still a VX with couple of added benefits.

Number one you will notice is the slower openings, though my VX used to open pretty much on-heading with the original line-set, now it has a tendency to turn either side at the end of the inflation.

Second, it has way more power on the rears and no tail flutter I occasionally got with the original lines.

Third, it keeps the speed going on slightly longer after the turn so the window for turn initiation is larger. I would say it loses the same amount of altitude in the turn, but the recovery part makes the difference.

Downsides, you lose some of the floatiness VX has and it responds slightly less to the harness input, probably due to longer lines and steeper trim.

No, it was not an official mod. And from Speaking with them at NZ they're not too keen on the FX with the JVX lines, simply as they haven't tested it. Their statement was that they have tested the JVX lines on the VX, with decent results as there wasn't a significant change from the VX to the JVX as far as the canopy itself and the line attachment points were concerned. Regarding the FX to the JFX though, there were significant changes and so any FX's with JFX/JVX lines were not recommended.

They said that there is no problem putting a JVX lineset on a VX.
It's very common and there is a big improvement regarding the dive, riser pressure and also better openings.
Only thing is that the VX schould be a "original" one and not made by icarus spain. They had some problems with the spain versions.
You must also take care about the slider.
I talked to a lot of people who are jumping Vx with JVX mods and they said that you need also a bigger slider.
If not you are getting offheading openings.

Thtas why i ordered a JVX lineset + a RDS (and they took the removable slider from the JVX 84 for my VX)

projectalarum

No, it was not an official mod. And from Speaking with them at NZ they're not too keen on the FX with the JVX lines, simply as they haven't tested it. Their statement was that they have tested the JVX lines on the VX, with decent results as there wasn't a significant change from the VX to the JVX as far as the canopy itself and the line attachment points were concerned. Regarding the FX to the JFX though, there were significant changes and so any FX's with JFX/JVX lines were not recommended.

I had actually contacted precision about the x-mod for the fx last month. They didnt seem to have any problems doing the mod.

i made a video from my openings and landings with my VX84 with JVX line set.
I can highly recommend it!!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AaDPF0CdEQY

What is making the difference is the 600lb Technora lines.
Actually, the opening would a bit slower with the standard VX line trim.
In flight the canopy does perform better with the JVX line trim as it is a more aggressive angle of attack.

Glad you like it,
MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com