Blis

Skylark Jumpsuits

So, I'm looking to buy my first jump suit and it's going to be a FF-suit (becouse I can borrow RW suits at DZ and tunnel time is coming up in the future). Right now I'm leaning heavily towards Skylarks jumpsuits becouse of their reasonable price but I would like to hear about people's experiences with them too before making the purchase.

So, feel free to tell me about skylark jumpsuits, experiences, complaints or anything else you feel is relevant

my dz has a ton of those products. the swoop shorts are bullet proof. the wtf suits are nice for the freeflyers. i have a 2 piece freefly set up, but i find the lower legs a bit bulky. a couple guys have a belly suit. they are all well built. after almost a season of jumping, there hasnt been any repairs needed on anyones suit. all the guys i know that bought one are pretty happy. and they all fit when they came in too...

I've had three Skylark suits so far:
- one for RW (no complaints here whatsoever, I did about 200 jumps using that suit and it's in great condition);
- wind tunnel suit that I absolutely love and use all the time - although, I had to alter the lower legs, as they were way too wide and bulky, it looked like a bootcut. The alteration was done perfectly well by a local non-skydiving tailor, she did a great job keeping the original pinstripes and stuff, it cost me less than $50, and since then I've been absolutely happy with that suit;
- and the 2 piece FF suit that Skylark also made for me came like 4 sizes larger for some weird reason, so I had to sell it.
Bottom line - the quality is great, but they have some sizing issues. So, I'd probably get a suit from them but be ready to spend some money on the alteration, just in case. But even if you need the alteration, the price is still good, isn't it?

Maksimsf

we bought 3 RW suits from them 3 years ago - really happy with a build quality. I recently got a canopy from them - I'm very satisfied :P

Which canopy did you get? I jumped with an Israeli gentleman in Eloy who had one of their suits. It was really impressive, especially the price!

theplummeter

***we bought 3 RW suits from them 3 years ago - really happy with a build quality. I recently got a canopy from them - I'm very satisfied :P

Which canopy did you get? I jumped with an Israeli gentleman in Eloy who had one of their suits. It was really impressive, especially the price!

Skipper-190

Not a jumpsuit, but I've also got a canopy from them - an Odyssey. For me it is the best full elliptical canopy I've jumped. It's like an xfire2, but just that little bit better.

If the quality of their jumpsuits are anything like their canopies, then you won't go wrong.
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

degeneration

Not a jumpsuit, but I've also got a canopy from them - an Odyssey. For me it is the best full elliptical canopy I've jumped. It's like an xfire2, but just that little bit better.

If the quality of their jumpsuits are anything like their canopies, then you won't go wrong.

OD-150 is on my list, but I don't have numbers yet and they do not make 170, so loading it 1.9 may be not a good idea... I still eat dirt in no wind on my SK-190 :)

I own the full swoop suit and the WTF2 freefly suit. All I can say is that I'm extremely happy with them both. They fit well, they are of great quality, and you just can't beat the price... compared to paying 900 for a competitors suit, they are great!
I wanna go fast!