binaryfinary

UPT Vector Containers order wait time

binaryfinary

hi everyone

im rig shopping and wanted to ask those who have recently ordered a upt vector.

is the wait time reall that long? or if anyone can share thier experience in the actual realstic wait time?

thanks!

I'm not sure what you heard but based on the fact that you are a little in shock at amount of time you'd have to wait, it's probably right. The website says 8 months.

binaryfinary

Im leaning towards a curv atm. But ill get my instructors opinions first.

DO IT! I love my Curv and recommend RI to everyone looking for a New rig. Super comfortable, everything is standard, great customer service, awesome communication. Two thumbs wayyyy up.

My only concern for you would be that they don't make large containers...I think the largest one holds a 170...maybe a 190. Call them up and talk to them! They'll answer all of your questions.

I think it might be worth the wait if you already own a rig and can hang onto it for another season while you queue.

(It wasn't for me, but I guess for some people.)
--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Current delivery times are for mid January.

In the past several years UPT came out with stock rigs twice. Once in September of last year (10 or 11 rigs) and then again in late January of this year (10 rigs). The September rigs sold in three days and the January rigs sold out in less than 8 hours.

Every now and then I have someone who cancels an order and then that slot becomes available for a new customer. This has happened 3 times this year but I never know if or when - until it happens. When it does happen that slot usually sells out in a matter of hours.

Because UPT has such a long wait time they seldom try to make stock rigs available and then it's due to extenuating circumstances.

Every one of my customers who have waited for the Vector say it's well worth it.

New jumpers will often buy something used to get them by and put in an order for what they really want.

I hope you find what you're looking for.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.