DENGOPHER

zenith commercial

hi all what's new?? has anyone seen the commercial for zenith with the skydiver pulling the cutaway handle to open his main.... when the container opens his laundry comes flying out!!!!! did this bother anyone or am i just over reacting?? well i called zenith any way and got the address and the names of the c.e.o. and advertising head.. i also talked to them.. and expressed my concerns about the inaccurate depiction of our sport... than sugested that if they wanted to use skydiving as a tool to sell their product that was great just do it in a good way not showing thi skydiver as a mindeless boob!!!!!!!! so if you think i an in the wright here send the c.e.o. and the advertising head a letter like i did. the address is 2000 millbrook Dr.
lincolnshire IL.
THE C.E.O. IS MR. LEE and the advertising head is SAM CAPUTO .. thanks all and jump safe

I laughed when i saw it. I dont think anyone in their right mind really thinks a skydiver will put laundry into their container. That commercial reminds me of the far-side cartoon where a skydiver has an open container with his lines on his main leading to a piano and the lines on his reserve leading to an anvil and the caption sez something like "larry really didn't panic until he went for his reserve".
blue skies
Tomas

I took it as just a joke, I mean look at all the spoofs they do of other sports. If I spent all my time pointing out inacuracies I'd never get anything done. Take for instance "Behind Enenmy Lines", the pilot lands with a ram air.....HEY MOVIE POEPLE , THEY DONT USE RAM AIRS FOR FIGHTERS!!!!!. And the movie Terminal Volocity,, When they girl jumps outs and sheen sees her falling did anyone else notice there was no static line trailing behind her!!!! My piont is do what you gotta do but dont waste too much time pionting out imperfetions cause the advertising world is full of them;)
jason

Wasn't it a packer who was loading laundry into the container? And, didn't the guy go for silver first? Just a commercial. I agree they should have just used skydivers doing safe stunts, like maybe something from Good Stuff. Watching TV in freefall, because you can't stop watching a good picture. That may actually sell.
Take that a step farther and make that car dropping out of a tree commercial (I never did get that one) into a car falling from a plane. No point to it, just a VW in freefall would be entertainment enough for me. I always did like the Blues Brothers and the Pinto.
Peace
mike

I think you're overreacting. I don't expect commercials to be accurate, or truthful; they are trying to sell something. The same goes for motorcycles - you only see big nasty bikers on Harleys even though that is just a small part of the motorcycling world. In the future, don't set your standards so high for commercials, you'll always end up disappointed.

Whuffos are so clueless, because the media portrays so many things inaccurately.
I am begining to wonder if that is the way corporate America really wants us to be. After all, the worst consumer is an informed consumer. Informed consumers refuse to buy the first thing a salesman offers them. Informed consumers rarely pay retail. Informed consumers expect it to work. If it doesn't work, informed consumers insist that it repaired under warranty.
Talk about your corporate nightmares!