nadeem555

Freefly Bungee Strength

Hi,

I am annoyed with my freefly bungee occasionally breaking (It is a small piece of elastic, maybe 3mm). Is there any reason why you cannot connect the two legstraps with something which is stronger than just this?

I was thinking of making a nice piece of flat elastic contained in a piece of tubular webbing which goes around the whole leg strap rather than through the small webbing loops, the only difference being that it would be significantly stronger than a piece of round elastic.

Thanks

Nadeem

nadeem555

Hi,

I am annoyed with my freefly bungee occasionally breaking (It is a small piece of elastic, maybe 3mm). Is there any reason why you cannot connect the two legstraps with something which is stronger than just this?

I was thinking of making a nice piece of flat elastic contained in a piece of tubular webbing which goes around the whole leg strap rather than through the small webbing loops, the only difference being that it would be significantly stronger than a piece of round elastic.

Thanks

Nadeem

First I've heard of repeated problems with that. Maybe you're just using a bungee that's too short, keeping it under tension constantly. How long is it?
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

nadeem555

Hi,

Thanks

Nadeem

Are you sure it's breaking and not untieing itself?
Most jumpers just put a knot on it and hope it will hold, maybe it would if it was not elastic.
Elastic + knot = untieing itself.

I tied a knot on mine just as everyone else, and then handtacked it with E-thread (unlike everyone else) and it has stayed there for four years.

If it really does break, you need a longer cord.

I had one of the bungees snap on me and also wing suit so the standard setup on a vector was not really practical. Thought a bit about the chest strap on a rucksack and my my rigger said no problem, so here it is. Strap is elastic.

Gib

nadeem555

Hi,

Thanks

Nadeem

My first thought was that not all bungees are equal. You might look for a different brand and maybe one size larger.