Alexg3265

1989 Excalibur 170 line trims....

Anyone know slider dimensions?

What do you think of using dacron lines?
I've got a complete long line set. I'd have to adjust lengths and maybe the cascades I realize, but no big deal.
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...

Alexg3265

Anyone know slider dimensions?

I've got a complete long line set. I'd have to adjust lengths and maybe the cascades I realize, but no big deal.

Curious as to why you're rehabbing one of those?

I had a bunch of the bigger ones, still have one with 5 jumps total on it...

~ If you choke a Smurf, what color does it turn? ~

No reason in particular. Apparently I have too much spare time. I got it for next to nothing. I have all the materials to make a slider from scratch. And it'll be finger trapping and bartacking practice. It'll probably sit in its bag for a while, but I was just curious. It's could be a learning experience. I figured I would see how hard it would be to make and install a line set. Also, after very crudely checking the porosity on it, vs new f-111, I have deemed the excaliburs fabric to be porous as fuck, and I don't wanna land it. So it may make a nice wall ornament....
I was that kid jumping out if his tree house with a bed sheet. My dad wouldn't let me use the ladder to try the roof...

airtwardo

***Anyone know slider dimensions?

I had a bunch of the bigger ones, still have one with 5 jumps total on it...and you prefer to have it in a bag or to have someone jump it ?
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

Dacron lines: no no.
Must trust PD who used early spectra. As I recall, tho,
it seemed like they used really really small line size. Just my recollection. Like I said earlier, I'd upgrade to no less then 725 or even 800+.

Nice flying canopy though, and it seems like I remember it was diagonally braced with 27 braces or something like that. (Too lazy to google that.)

Anyway, it flies very nice, and lands nicely too. I used a larger sized canopy, so don't know about how the smaller ones perform.

Alexg3265

No reason in particular. Apparently I have too much spare time. I got it for next to nothing. I have all the materials to make a slider from scratch. And it'll be finger trapping and bartacking practice. It'll probably sit in its bag for a while, but I was just curious. It's could be a learning experience. I figured I would see how hard it would be to make and install a line set. Also, after very crudely checking the porosity on it, vs new f-111, I have deemed the excaliburs fabric to be porous as fuck, and I don't wanna land it. So it may make a nice wall ornament....

They weren't porous when new, but they sure do degrade faster than any other F1-11 canopy I've ever had.

Like I said I have several, one has about 300 jumps on it and yaHOOO does THAT bitch take a week to open! :ph34r:

I talked with somebody a few years back about possibly making one out of Zpo, said it would be a problem - how many did I want. :ph34r:

For demo jumping...IMO the 260 Excalibur is the BEST canopy ever for that. It has good speed but can sink stable if needed...and for spinning smoke on a candycane they're perfect. don't lose a lotta altitude too fast when you bury a toggle & hold it for 4000 feet!

piisfish

******Anyone know slider dimensions?

I had a bunch of the bigger ones, still have one with 5 jumps total on it...and you prefer to have it in a bag or to have someone jump it ?

Perfer to have it in the bag....:)

It was a special made experimental canopy that is coated with an aluminum like substance...it was 'supposed' to reflect the night pyro in a dramatic fashion...what it DOES ~ ~ ~ ~ is get that silver shit all over everything. ;):ph34r: