3mpire

Is Cookie only looking to sell Fuel and G3s now?

I've noticed on the cookie web site that the build your own functionality for MVX and Atomic helmets has not been working for several weeks.

Under their "helmets" category, only the fuel and G3 are listed.

I've noticed on third party sites that, with the MVX, only very small or very large helmets are still in stock and they are on sale.

Seems to me like Cookie is going to just focus on the fuel and G3 -- but neither are suitable for legitimate camera flying.

Are they just having trouble updating their web site, or is this a new direction Cookie is going in?

Plastic, it is the new carbon Crazy... maybe they will now make a legit (FTP like) camera helmet.

LOL, FTP helmets are going to become pretty much obsolete unless you are using a red or Imax camera.

Why would that cater for that market.

Cameras are getting much smaller.

FTP with only one full sized camera (SLR) and a go pro for example looks silly.

vision

LOL, FTP helmets are going to become pretty much obsolete unless you are using a red or Imax camera.

Why would that cater for that market.

Cameras are getting much smaller.

Ask people who have tried to cut them away (especially with a side load) and you'll discover why they may go obsolete sooner than you think.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.

vision

It might "look silly" but it provides the most stable camera platform possible that can be configured for all sorts of needs ranging from RED cameras, lights, or competition rigs where two (sometimes three) cameras are used.
I don't see the CCM format going away anytime soon, although I do agree that the very small cameras do fit on anything, and that their owners generally don't care about quality video.

I noticed the same thing on the cookie website, im looking into getting a G3 myself. But its odd to me that its nearly impossible to find a used G3 for sale, especially size XL, when the market is so flooded with them.

Maybe they're so good no one wants to sell them.:|

Anyways interesting observation, but I would assume Cookie is going to come out with an entire new line of helmets soon seeing that Chutingstar is dumping the 'old stuff' for sale and Cookie is only marketing a few current helmets. My .002

dirtbox

Plastic, it is the new carbon :S... maybe they will now make a legit (FTP like) camera helmet.

Selling plastic helmets for the price of carbon and aluminium is a great business model if you find a sufficiently gullible customer base.

Cookie, as it turns out, did! :D
cavete terrae.

Selling plastic helmets for the price of carbon and aluminium is a great business model if you find a sufficiently gullible customer base.

Cookie, as it turns out, did!

Do you have any idea what Cookie has invested in tooling to be able to sell a 'plastic' helmet? If you've never been involved with that business, you'd be shocked at what it cost to tool up those two designs, and what they have to charge to recoup that investment before it becomes hugely profitable....

"If all you ever do is all you ever did, then all you'll ever get is all you ever got."