demonstalker1

SOS system

You might try Rob Warner (riggerrob on the forums). He modified both of my Vectors to SOS some years ago. I don't have them anymore and I had them both returned to the 2 handle system before I sold them anyway but he might still have the technical info.

I know where a couple of student 1pin northern lites with SOS systems are. Still air worthy so not salvage cheap.

But not too much technical about them. All three housings to left side. All three cables on one D handle. Cables staged to cutaway before pulling reserve. Still includes rsl in case of incomplete pull.

Makes sl/iad student (and I guess aff) emergency procedures easy. Pull handle all the way. But then requires retraining later if students stay in sport. I know one experienced jumper that choose to keep it. Was doing 200 plus ways with it. But I never packed jt and it scared me. He had NO MORE THAN two inches of cable through each 3 ring loop. Really think it was less.

PM me if your interested in the container.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

" ... He had NO MORE THAN two inches of cable through each 3 ring loop. Really think it was less. ..."

..................................................................................
That is scary!
The yellow cables on Telesis 1 SOS were a minimum of 4 inches exposed cable.

Even 4 inches was too short for stock main risers. We had to make special main risers to ensure that the ends of the yellow cables did not hang loose ... creating other problems.
Telsis 1 SOS main risers have (yellow cable) channels that extend all the way to the bottom edge of the confluence wrap.
Bottom line, SOS has a bunch of extra manufacturing tolerances, that vastly complicate the design.

It was scary and IIRC it was a Talon. There was no way I would have hung from those risers and cables on the ground let alone in the air. But the guy was a wannbie sky god that you couldn't tell anything to.

I was looking at converting a northern lite sos to normal and didn't see too much special about that one. :)

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I really liked the 2 mods you did for me. And no, I'm not the guy Councilman24 is referring to. Sometimes it was a pain to get a re-pack from someone unfamiliar with them but once they looked it over they were usually OK with it. i would still be jumping them or replacements but when I started teaching AFF the school used conventional gear and I didn't want to teach one system, use another system, and then also switch to Tandem gear in various rotations.

It was scary and IIRC it was a Talon. There was no way I would have hung from those risers and cables on the ground let alone in the air. But the guy was a wannbie sky god that you couldn't tell anything to.

Terry! I just packed that talon last week Those short little cables bother me every time I see them! I think it's more like 3 inches, but they definitely don't stay tucked into the housings, that's for sure! He swears they're long enough, and I suppose the manufacturer knew what he was doing (shorter than usual cutaway cables by an inch or so, and a longer than usual ripcord cable by another inch or so helps to insure that things happen in the right order). I know it works, but it does give me the willies...

Always takes me sec to remember why there's no cutaway pillow on his rig, haha...