philhartree

<trumpet>CAT10</trumpet>

Have to agree. It is easy to get carried away. There is no rush for anything. Big ways can be dangerous if you dont know how to handle them. I wont do one unless I'm with people I know & trust as good skydivers.
The AGM! Is that gonna be a riot?

Thank you Craig - it's not often we see you here ;o)
They said it would be by the book and wouldnt make it easy for me. I had to fly my slot - but seeing as they were in their's, i didnt need to hang about for them to get into position. I'd like to think that 10 points is'nt just scraping by...
Big was about 7 - which is big enuf for me - moslty FF coaches, camera ppl and experienced FF-ers.
I had about 20 sit jumps (some coached) before i did a 'big' one. I was the base, as i was the least experienced. Everyone came to me. I probably didnt know where everyone was at the time... i remmeber snippits even now - but you need to know at the time. Wave off and track was about 6000-5500 i stayed where i was and watched everyone track to their own space. I felt safe - even in the new environment.
I did 3 camera jumps - sit flying. It was really for my experience, rather that to actually 'film' somebody. I understand that there needs to be some 'rules' regarding when you can and cant do things... again - i felt reasonably safe - and at the end of the day - you always have to do something 'for the first time' at some point
I jump @ Hinton - there are lots of us ;)
Phil
---
If you have to ask, you don't understand

Sounds like an offer i cant refuse... (i think that is prob the biggest deal with FS1 - you dont need to worry if there;s another CAT8 on the jump etc etc.) I think it kinda makes you feel like a 'proper' skydiver [silly grin]
I'm off boarding next week - but i may be able to get up a week Sunday...
Phil
---
If you have to ask, you don't understand

Phil, you dumbass!!! That means you owe a case for every one! If you had claimed to do all that on the same jump then its only one case owed in total. ;)
Will
PS BTW Phil, Brian Vacher is doing a camera seminar at the AGM (which quite a few of the Hinton bunch will be attending). Also, GG is in line for an award so be sure to be there for that and give her shit!

> I'd like to think that 10 points is'nt just scraping by...
Certainly not. I just managed 5 points on my Cat 10 jump (which was number 215!)!
> I had about 20 sit jumps (some coached) before i did a 'big' one. I was the base, as i was the least experienced. Everyone came to me. I probably didnt know where everyone was at the time... i remmeber snippits even now - but you need to know at the time. Wave off and track was about 6000-5500 i stayed where i was and watched everyone track to their own space. I felt safe - even in the new environment.
Sounds like a pretty safe way to do it to me.
> I did 3 camera jumps - sit flying.
Would have recommended something you were more familiar with first :-)
> It was really for my experience, rather that to actually 'film' somebody. I understand that there needs to be some 'rules' regarding when you can and cant do things... again - i felt reasonably safe - and at the end of the day - you always have to do something 'for the first time' at some point
Indeed. It just struck me that you mentioned how the US was more progressive because skydivers without any proven relative experience are allowed to freefly together yet nothing about the relative requirements for flight recording. Probably just omitted but then again the freeflying issue is hot at the moment and there are more (and therefore more complicated) rules about freeflying than wearing a camera.
> I jump @ Hinton - there are lots of us
So it would seem!