Absolut

UPT sizing semi stowless bag

Hey, i got a quick question: for my new canopy i'd like to order a semi stowless bag. The problem is, that i don't really know what size to get. The new canopy is a Katana 120, the Rig is a Paratec Next NEN, originally made for a Safire 139. I'd like to get a dbag that is close to the size of the one i got with the rig for the Safire. But I just don't really understand how to measure the size. I measured the size of my dbag on the outside along the stiching and got totally different results from any bag on the sizing chart recommended for a Safire 139.

http://www.unitedparachutetechnologies.com/PDF/CHART_00037___Rig_Sizing_Chart.pdf

Do they measure the inside of the rig itself? And if so, how?
They just give you these measurements:

V309 MICRON
Width A 10"
Width B 11''
Length 17''
Thickness 5.5''

I don't know where these come from.
Any help would be really appreciated!

I use a semi-stoweless dbag in my Infinity. I called the rigging department at UPT, told them what canopy I was putting in it, and they told me what size to order. The dbag sizes are based on volume, but the dimensions are for a Vector. I just got one that was close, it works perfectly.

PS: A single dbag is sized to work in multiple sizes of Vectors. If you are picky, UPT will give you the exact dimensions of the dbag.

Absolut

Ok, thx, that helps a lot. I'm still waiting for an answer, sent them an email some time ago. No response so far, calling might be expensive ;-) cheers

most likely it will be sized for a 306/319
i own a 316 and that is the bag that is in mine and i fly a 120 spectre
Flock University FWC / ZFlock
B.A.S.E. 1580
Aussie BASE 121

I took measurements of mine with canopy packed in it, and sent them those with the pictures of the measurements being made (to show where variance maybe on curvature), they sent me the closest to those specs, and bingo, it fit. Javelin with spectre-120.

Absolut

Had a good email conversation with mike the last few days. Just wanted to point out the great service of upt! Helped me a lot with my problem and invested quite some time in it, got it all fixed now :-)

Thanks for the heads up. Glad I could hook you up.

Everyone there is great. They go above and beyond - especially when we need to fix mistakes.

It's one of the reasons I've been a UPT dealer for so many years.
Be the canopy pilot you want that other guy to be.