dh3

Jumpsuits from Pakistan AWO

a few years ago I bought a bunch of jumpsuits for tandem students from a manufacturer in Pakistan, I wish I could remember the name of the company, but the Managing Director's name was Waseem Butt. The suits were good quality but "asian sized" in other words a large suit would be a medium in the States always order one size up. I got a lot of use from the suits and they all held up really well. It wasn't the company you are referring to but if I was you I'd order one and see what happens, it ain't gonna cost too much (probably) just remember the sizing issue.......

i remember seeing some "exotic" suits when they cleared on of the storagerooms at the dz last year - on the outside the suits looked nice. having a closer look it turned out that these suits were made out of some sort of coated material perfectly suited for motorcyle rain-apparel :S
Maybe there's legit companies out there, selling good quality stuff but I highly doubt it. If you're poor get the cheapest 2nd-hand suit and jump it till it comes to shreds.

and remember this: matching colors are highly overrated

The universal aptitude for ineptitude makes any human accomplishment an incredible miracle

dudeist skydiver # 666

I bought a cheap Pakistan suit from the same guy as peter. Frexer was the brand name at the time. Build quality was fine, they were just super small. asian sized. Don't expect it to fit when u get it. I would probably buy something american next time. Nothing really wrong with the suit, other than super tiny. I bet it would be a hassle to get one custom sized though. Basically he just copied another manufactures designs. I would just rather keep my money in america. We have enough Pakistan stuff already.

GoneCodFishing

Seeing as the product photos on the website are ripped from other manufacturer's sites with a touch of photoshop added to them i'd be very wary... [:/]

I can`t say for this particular company, but large amount of skydiving gear (mostly clothes, gloves etc.) are made in third world countries, then branded in the "west" and sold as "Made in Westernistan".

Pakistanis, Chinese, Indians will make what ever you want in what ever quality you are prepared to pay.
dudeist skydiver #42

mircan

I can`t say for this particular company, but large amount of skydiving gear (mostly clothes, gloves etc.) are made in third world countries, then branded in the "west" and sold as "Made in Westernistan"..

not the suits that I buy....
scissors beat paper, paper beat rock, rock beat wingsuit - KarlM

their suits are pretty good - the price is right, about $100 each with shipping. We asked them to upgrade the thread and the stitching to be stronger. they do not have e-thread, but they have a better equivalent than the regular thread they use.

Even embroidered logos for cheap.

For tandems and AFF students, the suits are a deal. Cannot afford $200+ regular skydiving jumpsuits for students and such, they get beat up anyway, so you need a sewing machine on hand to do repairs.

Putting student sin work coveralls just makes them look like car mechanics, I want my customers to look like skydivers.

We have purchased Tandem Passenger suits from a Pakistani Company called AK Group of Industries. After the first order we asked them to upgrade a few things, which they did. We have ordered several times from them and been very happy with suits and of course they are the right price.

We saw the suits on AWO web site and thought we would try them. We put in an order, sent them funds and 2 months later no suits and they won't return my emails. Just a warning. AK Group Industries- good. AWO- Bad.

there were a rash of jumpers buying "waseem" suits up here. One guy has five of the same suit because each one was wrong and after the 5th one I think he gave up. Those suits are now being passed around among low time jumpers like an STD.

I don't know how you can send someone measurements, have them make the suit five times, and end up with five different sizes.

For tandem students a random sized suit that is cheap is probably ok. I would never recommend an actual licensed jumper buy the suit, though. Guaranteed fiasco.

Thanks for the input. We have purchased suits from AK Industries http://www.akginds.com/sky.htm
Great suits for Tandem passengers at a good price. Honest and willing to modify if asked.

We also sent an order to AWO who took our money, did not send the product, and do not return our emails.[:/]
http://www.awoskydiving.com/suits1.htm
This is a fraudulent website and dishonest people.
Just a warning to everyone.