CaptnCrunch

ATOM Container from parachutes-de-france and Reserve

Hi, can anyone tell me if the Containers from parachutes-de-france
are allowed to be jumped in the US and/or the Reserves (Tempo)
Also i noticed the mini Risers are attached backwords (rings towards the risers) is that specific to this Brand or generally done with mini Risers,
thanks for helping
Soeren

If the container doesn't have an FAA TSO stamp - the only people who can jump it are non-US nationals. I have seen ATOMs with and without the TSO stamp.

PdF makes a TECHNO reserve. The ones that I have seen DID NOT have the TSO stamp.

The TEMPO is made by PISA, and is TSO'd and legal to us in the USA.

skydiverek

Larger Technos do have TSO, smaller ones do not. Or opposite ;-). Download the Techno manual and look at the table - it states that right there.

Well god damn - you are right. The manual clearly shows 155,190 and 240 Techno reserves having an FAA TSO 23d approval.

I would guess that there may still be some older ones that may not be stamped.

Either way - I learned something new today, I feel accomplished for the week.

Thanks !

The usual caveats about asking your local rigger to inspect that ATOM and ensure that all the Service Bulletins have been done.
It helps if you local rigger has already packed a bunch of ATOMs and is familiar with their (few) quirks.
Second best would be a rigger who has packed a bouquet of Icons because the two containers were designed by the same team of engineers.

When mini-risers were first introduced they had a problem with them breaking where the hole goes through the riser for the cutaway loop to link the small ring and cutaway cable.

2 solutions were developed, reinforced risers used by most people, or the PdF method of reversing the risers so a hole was not needed. All PdF rigs have reversed risers to my knowledge.

Paul