caledoniankid

girlfriend trouble

any advice on covincing her otherwise,

Have you taken her to the DZ, introduced her, found her someone to chat with while you jump? Do you totally ignore her while your there. Does she truely understand the sport. Doesn't sound like your jumping going away. Try real hard to get her as involved as you can.
Fly Your Slot !

oh boy, the old whuffo boy/girl-friend problem.....
I wonder if a female skydiver has the additional problem w/whuffo men being intimidated by the fact that they (the women) do something that the man doesn't have the balls to do.
But then again w/ the gender ratios being what they are, women can pretty easily choose to only date skydivers. Male skydivers don't always have this option. :(
Speed Racer
"Fill your hand, you son-of-a-bitch!"

Careful there guy, some people just don't get it, and it sucks to be them. Try what Paula told you about easing her into the sport, but if it doesn't work, then you've got to wonder about her. A note to ponder: If she refuses to understand that this is something you want to do and your passionate about it, then what does that say about her caring for you. If she was really into you, then she would understand that this is a dream of yours and would be willing to try to understand.
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-

"I wonder if a female skydiver has the additional problem w/whuffo men being intimidated by the fact that they (the women) do something that the man doesn't have the balls to do."
I have a friend who had to dump her weenie boyfriend because he didn't like her skydiving. He did a few AFF jumps, but he just didn't have the bug (or was too scared) so he kept trying to get her to give it up. She gave him up. We were pretty proud of her; he was a real stuffed shirt. Once we were talking about flashing the pilot for extra altatude and he told her that if she did that he would leave her. What an ASS.
Keith

Paula has it right, even if she doesn't want to jump, you should bring her along to the DZ anyway, mebbe she will realise that safety is important to us and we don't have a death wish after all...
Ah there ya go, there is nothing for a ground bound girlie to do at Auchterarder, apart from sit in the Star and get drunk and worry about you. Try out Erroll or St Andrews, that way she can nip into town for some girlie retail therapy, golfing, or visiting other local distractions (Yeah I know, there are very few attractions in Dundee ;)) while you jump your ass off.
Don't get me wrong, Strath is a lovely DZ, probably one of the most scenic in the UK, but its a wee bit out in the middle of nowhere. St Andrews definitely caters better for 'observers', girlfriends, whuffoes and the like, it has nicer club rooms for chilling out and watching TV etc, and a fairly decent canteen, Trish would surely look after her for you.....And basically distract her while you continue your plummetting.
Och aye skies, big wheechs,
Cya
D

If a guy told me, "sure I'll give it a try", and then when he got down and didn't enjoy it, that's one thing. But, if a guy tells me, "no way, I'd never do that", I'd just think of him as a wimp, and he'd never have a chance with me. I mean, c'mon, my mom did a tandem!
Andrea
The brave may not live forever, but the timid may not live at all.

If she's hot, tell her, "Shut up. Go to the bedroom and disrobe. Lay on the bed and wait for me. I'll be there in a minute." Finish your drink, finish whatever you are watching on TV and then proceed to the bedroom.
Remeber: Nothing shows her how in control you are more than anal sex.
mike
A bucket of Jet A can heat an entire county if burned all at once.