freeflytim

Beer list- I nominate Clay...

I nominate Clay for making a list of the acceptable beers to make good on the ‘YOU owe BEER’ rules.
Things to consider... no ‘cans’ is an easy rule, but, it is not necessarily an ‘all encompassing’ thing.
A case of Boddingtons- (in the cans with the co2 cartridge) will do quite nicely...
BUT, a case of Bud will not. But, Bud will honestly work....IF, and only IF, the person owing case LIKES Bud in a can, AND will drink it... But this person must also bring a 12 of an ‘acceptable’ beer. Whatever the ‘acceptable’ beers are.
You get the idea.
So, DZ dot com, help Clay help us all by coming up with the acceptable beer list, disclaimers and all.
-TIM

and, after this, we can come up with 2002 Beer Rules.

Tim, you are confused as to the beer rules. Only a yuppified human being would dictate that "fancy" beer is the only choice. Down here in the south, we drink plenty of canned beer. I personally don't drink Budweiser anymore, but plenty of my buddies do. To reiterate my choices from the epic "beer of choice" thread: Rolling Rock when I want to drink to get drunk; and Coors light or Bud light or Miller light any other time. Around here we enforce the hell out of beer rules, therefore it is not prudent to dictate that these penniless students spend all their jump money on foofy beer. Hell, as much as we drink, it all tastes the same anyway.
Chuck Blue
D-12501
My webpage HERE

I agree with Chuck. Cheap beer in cans is fine with me, better beer in green bottles is also fine with me. Free beer is free beer!
I'd have been up the creek if your rules had been in effect when I was a new skydiver... I could barely afford to jump period; being told to buy expensive beer would have sent me off looking for another sport.
pull and flare,
lisa
--
What would Scooby Doo?

Whats the hang up with BUD!! SOunds like a few of you have a vendeta against it! Its not a cheap beer....not the most expesive but not the cheapest. Tell ya all what ..next time I'm in your town I buy the shlitz....unless you prefer Olympia!!;)
jason

I *REALLY* wish that you had READ my post... And its ‘tone...’
""So, DZ dot com, help Clay help us all by coming up with the acceptable beer list, disclaimers and all.""
Im NOT a snob. Im NOT a yuppie. Im a SKYDIVER.
If YOU had a choice, would you drink Old Milwaukee?? I didn't think so.
I did not want to come off with an attitude. Because I don’t have one.
I wanted to start a fun, lively discussion about ‘owing’ beer.
And what happens??? I get the shit flamed out of me.

I wanted to start a fun, lively discussion about ‘owing’ beer.
And what happens??? I get the shit flamed out of me.

DUDE...relax man .......you must not have been around the forums that long to call the last couple of posts "getting the shit flamed out of ya" ;) . If you see a lock next to a forum, thats someone getting the shit flamed out of them :)We'er all just playin..its nothing personal, I was just wondering why a lot of people dont like Bud and then following it with 2 of the nastiest , cheapest beers around.
Sorry man...no hard feelings!!!
jason

Hey...I have no problem with cheap beer...but....I do get tired of drinkin nasty watery crap! I bought decent beer when I was on student status.huck consumed it happily!!) I expect the same! I'm not requiring "foofy beer" I just want drinkable!! Lets stay away from Miller light, Milwaukies Beast, etc etc...
"Houston? That place is full of Crack heads and debutantes."- Hank Hill
Clay

Im NOT a snob. Im NOT a yuppie. Im a SKYDIVER.

I am a snob, I am a Yuppie and I am a Skydiver. I love beer, but, I don't drink draft beer, ever. I don't drink cans or domestic unless I have to. Ill drink anything (accept Coors) the student chooses to bring. Then I go buy my own damn good beer. Try bringing a 12 pack of Corona or Hein to the DZ and see how many you get to drink.
But for Students, whatever is fine. I understand they #1) can't afford good beer and #2) need to save the money for the next jump. It's all good.
Fly Your Slot !

hey im not a student and i cant afford shit either i gotta come up wit $1000 in the next 2 months for rego and insurance so i wont be jumpen for ages espicially seens as i had to cancle my ambulance and health cover cause i couldnt afford it :(
(o):P(o)

I just must be at a really small dz, people bring beer, but the beer rules are not enforced--by any means. I think the rules were only mentioned to me once. Basically, the owners keep beer and otherwise people just bring some in. I think I would like to do something about that.
The mind is like a parachute--it works better when it is open. JUMP.

So, DZ dot com, help Clay help us all by coming up with the acceptable beer list, disclaimers and all.

Picky, picky. If it's free beer you don't get the luxury of being a beer snob. Haven't you ever heard "beggars can't be choosers."? Besides I doubt anyone would bring a beer that they themselves aren't willing to drink. :P
"Let the rabbits wear glasses. . . "