jfields

Beer Bet

We'll see if he comes back like a man or not
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
emms fight'n words...
Sure, case of beer bet that it won't happen.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Done. Case of beer says it will. :D

You all are witnesses.
Augie Doggie... I mean, AggieDave ;) and I have a case of beer riding on whether or not the dropzone.com 8-way record set at Spaceland will get broken this weekend. The brave, heroic, snow-lovin' skydivers at the Cross Keys FreezeFest will be gunning for the record.
I guess we'll both have to buy beer this weekend. Him for the bet, and me for "First dropzone.com bigway record held". (I hope!)
Okay, FreezeFest record breakers, let me remind you all again:
We'll meet Saturday at 11:00am, outside the Long Delay Cafe.
We will CRUSH the Spaceland record. :)
Justin

"I guess we'll both have to buy beer this weekend."
So...what you're sayin is.....you're a loser....

Nope. Didn't say that at all. He'll have to buy for losing, and me for winning. I know it is tough to grasp when you have a head of lettuce for a brain, Clay, but do your best. :)Justin

I think that any DZ.com record is worthy of beer. Hence, any group setting a record should have to supply all registered users with a case of beer. Just ship it with FedEx :P
SkyDekker
"We cannot do great things, only small things with great love" Mother Theresa

No, not quiet, I had to go to class, some people *have* lives you know...:D
Well, seeing how the shipping on a case of beer would be equivlent to a couple year's worth of ramen, I'd probably have to just mail a check or vic-versa depending. :)Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-

Well, that sucked!
Because of the winds, jumping was limited to people with C licenses. That ruled out any chance of jumping for most of the dropzone.com people there, including me.
When the winds finally calmed down a little, the Otter blew a tire on landing. We would have flown in the Caravan, but the Otter was blocking the runway!
Damnit. Bad jumping karma yesterday. So I owe AggieDave a case of beer. I'll live. It was fun getting to talk to some people that I'd only met online. We'll have to try again another time.
Justin

I'll live. It was fun getting to talk to some people that I'd only met online.

We need more deets! Who met who? Impressions? Who got drunk? Who passed out? Etc.! Enquiring minds want to know!
Walk a mile in your enemy's shoes. Then you're a mile away and have his shoes.

Well, I can't give you most of the details.
During the day, when I was grounded by wind, I spent a fair while talking to Dan Korn, aka PTiger. That was fun. A few other folks stopped by to chat briefly. It was pretty hectic, because there was also a plan to make a Skydivers & Mentors big-way record. Yes, an "S&M Big Way". Wahoo! :D
I think Stacy will be posting the drunken pictures from the evening. I wasn't there. I was conserving "away days" since the weather forecast had deteriorated for Sunday. It is a definite "married to whuffo" thing, so not everyone will understand. :S
Justin

That ruled out any chance of jumping for most of the dropzone.com people there, including me.

VICTORY!! SPACEY PLACE STILL HOLDS THE RECORD
With the terrific help for Pammi, Merrik, Hacky, cloud9 etc.
Hope Freezefest goes better today and you get to make some jumps.
I got lost in the thread , who owes me a beer?
Fly Your Slot !

Savor that for a month or so longer.... cuz after the first weekend in March the record will be where it belongs - Southern California!!

Well, since I proved to Mikey & Paula that I can still (sort of) fly on my belly, I think we need to up the ante.
Hey Paula, think you and/or Mike might be able to help organize some record attempts next weekend? I think we should get at least 10. This single-digit stuff is for the birds.
And FYI, I've got something in the works for a freefly big-way attempt out at S-land as well. ;)
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

Justin,
I'd say since everything was due to external events, lets extend the bet. Until you get a chance to actually try it, that way you can actually prove that you and your group can't do anything but funnel exits and botch formation. ;)
Success is how high you bounce when you hit bottom.-General George Patton-

I'd say since everything was due to external events, lets extend the bet. Until you get a chance to actually try it, that way you can actually prove that you and your group can't do anything but funnel exits and botch formation.

Dave,
That is quite generous. I'll take you up on that extension. You can imagine how frustrating it was to see jumpers flying loads, but being unable to join them. Of course, a lot of people with hundreds of jumps were landing off and biffing their landings, so that was both somewhat redeeming and entertaining. :D
Justin