Royd

Second cutaway

When I opened, lines from the left risers were connected to the right lines. The slider was stopped about 3 ft. above the risers.

I look up, see the mess and then there are about five seconds of level flight before it starts to spin to the left.

My normal EPs have been one hand on each handle.

My right hand was being forced back into my chest, and until I grabbed the cutaway with both hands, I couldn't budge it.
Upon reflection, I have always packed with about 3 ft. of loose line laid in the packing tray. I believe that I wound up with a tension knot.

On the up side, I landed 10 ft. from the peas and today was the day for my reserve repack. Also, everything fell in the airport, so there was no loss.

What an April Fool's joke.

Glad to know you landed safely and recovered your gear! :)
I saw you have a PD 160R. I also have one with about the same WL and have not cut away. Please, could you tell how well it flies and lands?

Thank you!
Gonzalo

It cannot be done really means I do not know how to do it ... yet

until I grabbed the cutaway with both hands, I couldn't budge it.

Did you peel the pad from the velcro before you brought your second hand over to help? The 'peeling' should be part of your emergency procedures.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

glad your okay, do us all a favor and latch on to an s&ta or very sharp jumper about ep's and packing. Ask questions, a lot of em that is the only way to learn don't be shy about it.
don't try your bullshit with me!!!

until I grabbed the cutaway with both hands, I couldn't budge it.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Did you peel the pad from the velcro before you brought your second hand over to help? The 'peeling' should be part of your emergency procedures.

I practise it 4 or 5 times per jump. Maybe I need to actually peel the handle for real just to be sure that I am doing it right.

BTW, at Palatka they actually teach the double handed method.

Glad to know you landed safely and recovered your gear!

I saw you have a PD 160R. I also have one with about the same WL and have not cut away. Please, could you tell how well it flies and lands?

Since my main is 30 sq.ft. larger my biggest suggestion is to practise the flare as many times as possible before landing, because you are flying faster than with the main.