pchapman

Vigil 2+ introduced

The M2 battery is indeed rated to last 15 years or 15000 jumps. That is the lifetime of the unit as well. No scheduled maintenance is required. As always with AADs we will have to wait many years to see how well this all works out.

They did have a SB out about a sensor problem in a series of earlier serial numbers. They replaced my unit with a new one although I had no problem with it. It's serial # was in the range of possibly affected units.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

chutingstar

I emailed Vigil to ask about this. The website lists the Xtreme mode. This is the response I got

"The vigil 2+ will be available with the Xtreme mode. This means not a multimode unit but only with the Xtreme mode and the only differences are: activation speed with 43m/s instead of the 35m/s in Pro mode and does not activate anymore below the 300ft instead of 150ft.

We stay at your disposal.

Best regards,

Edwin Bollaerts

Project Manager

[email protected]"

When I spoke with Vigil America about ordering the Xtreme unit today, they said it's not for sale. It's only available to their sponsored athletes.

They may offer for it sale in the future...but not right now.

Mike

This is what they are telling my dealer too.

Doesn't sound like good business. So anyone that wants or needs a higher activation speed must go with the speed cypres unless they're Vigil sponsored?

gowlerk

The M2 battery is indeed rated to last 15 years or 15000 jumps. That is the lifetime of the unit as well. No scheduled maintenance is required. As always with AADs we will have to wait many years to see how well this all works out.

They did have a SB out about a sensor problem in a series of earlier serial numbers. They replaced my unit with a new one although I had no problem with it. It's serial # was in the range of possibly affected units.

What do you think of the Mars? I ordered a Curv which has shipped, have a new reserve sitting here and am on the waiting list for a Vigil 2+ but getting antsy so I'm debating on picking up a Cypres or Mars now and getting the thing together so I can sell my old H/C and reserve. I just haven't actually seen or held the Mars nor have any of the riggers I use.

theplummeter

***The M2 battery is indeed rated to last 15 years or 15000 jumps. That is the lifetime of the unit as well. No scheduled maintenance is required. As always with AADs we will have to wait many years to see how well this all works out.

What do you think of the Mars? I ordered a Curv which has shipped, have a new reserve sitting here and am on the waiting list for a Vigil 2+ but getting antsy so I'm debating on picking up a Cypres or Mars now and getting the thing together so I can sell my old H/C and reserve. I just haven't actually seen or held the Mars nor have any of the riggers I use.

I just ordered a mars, ill let yas know when I get it...was going to get a normal (older)vigil2 but theres none left
FTMC

I think that the Vigil is the nicest built of all of them. But that M2 and CYPRES are both great products as well. As far as that magical intangible feeling of confidence that AADs provide, I have no strong opinions about any of them. As far as I can tell by looking at them and squeezing them, I still don't really know for sure, but I am assuming that all will work as advertised. YMMV

If you are looking for a swoop option you should consider that the expert version of the M2 can be switched into speed mode. (Latest model only)
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

A quick update with regards to the Xtreme unit:

Vigil WILL now offer the Xtreme unit to everyone (yay!) however, it won't be available for at least three months (you may have heard…we're a little backordered:| )

The Xtreme is a 2+ model and it is worth noting that it is a single mode unit.

(Thanks Mike for keeping people up to date on everything!)

----- old thread revived -------

Vigil has an interesting manufacture date system for their Vigil 2+'s. Its so strict one might have thought it to be from Cypres.

I just installed a customer's Vigil 2+ with a manufacture date on the card of week 19 year 2014, and saw another labelled week 17 -- which was late April 2014.

So one can have a Vigil 2+ with the manufacture date within the "rejected" range from spring 2014 and that's OK. Presumably others have noticed this already but it can be a surprise.

To recap, the Vigil 2+ was first starting to be announced April 2014.

On May 21 they announced none would be available at the end of May as planned, due to a component not meeting Vigil's quality control standards. (No indication of whether the components themselves had a particular production issue, or generally had problems meeting their own standards, or Vigil had tighter standards or what.)

This led them to "reject all manufactured units so far". A prudent move on their part despite its awkwardness.

No actual service bulletin was needed as apparently no production units had shipped.

August 7 they announced the first production Vigil 2+'s had finally shipped.

Despite the Vigil having a longer approved life than any other AAD, it sucks a little for the customer to have one dated back in the "rejected" period, over 3 months before any unit shipped.The clock was already ticking, and the factory wasn't going to date it when it actually finally fixed / reworked / rebuilt and was about to leave the factory.

(I am checking with Vigil just to confirm.)