LvB

Most simple numeric altimeter ever?

Hello,

I'm looking for an electronic altimeter, that fits for freefall, and with the most simple display possible. Ideally, only 7-segments numeric displays, or another way to display only numbers.

Visio or Skytronics GFX have many functionalities and can display text, number, etc. Is there any altimeter with just altitude display (ft or meter), but the same precision and measure frequency as the visio or skytronics ? (and that can still be bought, not something from the 80's and not sold anymore)

Have you ever heard of that kind of product ?

N3 by Alti2 has a VERY simple display in freefall and under canopy. The display becomes more complex on the ground or when configuring it or querying the log.

Examples of the various displays are here:

http://forum.altimaster.com/content.php?144-N3_Product_Page

BEWARE: The N3Audio is VERY DIFFERENT and will not meet your stated needs!
The choices we make have consequences, for us & for others!

LvB

Hello,

I'm looking for an electronic altimeter, that fits for freefall, and with the most simple display possible. Ideally, only 7-segments numeric displays, or another way to display only numbers.

Visio or Skytronics GFX have many functionalities and can display text, number, etc. Is there any altimeter with just altitude display (ft or meter), but the same precision and measure frequency as the visio or skytronics ? (and that can still be bought, not something from the 80's and not sold anymore)

Have you ever heard of that kind of product ?

I would take a serious look at this from L&B:

http://www.l-and-b.dk/products/visual/viso_ii

I have been using it for some years now, really good and simple to read + outstanding customer service.

The VIso is probably the simplest, yet highly accurate altimeter out there. When in freefall, it simply shows your altitude, ie: 10.2, meaning 10200ft. You can't get much simpler than that and the customer service is absolute top notch. I personally buy nothing but L&B products (assuming they make one of what I need). Plus, it's the least expensive digital altimeter I believe.
"When once you have tasted flight..."

Digitude. It was the first and simplest digital altimeter ever. Just two numbers for thousands and hundreds. Even has a lighted display for night jumps.

I have a black one I will sell you cheap. Been in my closet for 15 years and works fine.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

chuckakers

Digitude. It was the first and simplest digital altimeter ever. Just two numbers for thousands and hundreds. Even has a lighted display for night jumps.

I have a black one I will sell you cheap. Been in my closet for 15 years and works fine.

It fits perfectly my criteria.
But as I understand it, it cannot by more precise than 100ft ?

Viso, and the lb guys are cool.

What is the reason for numeric specific?

I prefer not to have a battery operated device as my main source of altitude awareness. But thats me.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

LvB

***Digitude. It was the first and simplest digital altimeter ever. Just two numbers for thousands and hundreds. Even has a lighted display for night jumps.

That's correct.
Chuck Akers
D-10855
Houston, TX

LvB

***Digitude. It was the first and simplest digital altimeter ever. Just two numbers for thousands and hundreds. Even has a lighted display for night jumps.

If it were more precise it would be less simplified. I am not certain but I am fairly sure that below 100ft some altimeters do have an alarm that can be set in 10 ft increments. realistically though by the time you are low enough to really need altitude detailed enough (10 ft or less increments) it's probably a really bad idea to be looking at your altimeter. Perhaps an audible in your helmet combined with an altimeter on your wrist is a better fix.
Trail mix? Oh, you mean M&M's with obstacles.