swoosh

Home made tandem rig??

stayhigh

whats wrong with the picture????

The hardware looks like a type that would likely have pretty low rated strength. That is just a start on the problems that could be mentioned.
People are sick and tired of being told that ordinary and decent people are fed up in this country with being sick and tired. I’m certainly not, and I’m sick and tired of being told that I am

Whether or not this is an April 1 thing, it is in some ways really half-assed looking.

Not clear to me where the carabiners are hooked to the harness of the 'instructor'??

Or where is there any hip attachment, which would greatly add to safety and be easy to rig up.

Looks like the connections are a couple snap gate biners per side (not even locking biners), and a what looks like a paragliding reserve parachute swivel (which not everyone would recognize, and not many skydivers would have on hand).

Even with a light weight girl it would be hard but not impossible not to exceed the weight limit for the container & reserve, although perhaps they were betting on non-terminal operations only.

Lastly, Kroops goggles? The elastic bands on those are crap because they wear out so fast! Looks dangerous to me...

I hope its 4/1 BUT I have seen that done.:S Not with an empty container but with another skydiver for Mr. Bill. Jumper fastened his full rig face to face to the tandem from three rings to tandem rings with caribiner. They survived but had a hell of a time getting enough load off the caribiners to unhook.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Although posted on April 1, this is not an April Fools stunt. I came upon this in a Skydive group page on facebook last night. These were the only three pictures, and to the best of my knowledge it actually happened. I don't know what the canopy used is, if there was a drogue used, and would assume there are not drogue flight pictures because there is no indication of anything used for laterals. This IS from a third word countries page.

The Sky is NOT the Limit, the Dirt Is!!

Although posted on April 1, this is not an April Fools stunt. I came upon this in a Skydive group page on facebook last night. These were the only three pictures, and to the best of my knowledge it actually happened. I don't know what the canopy used is, if there was a drogue used, and would assume there are not drogue flight pictures because there is no indication of anything used for laterals. This IS from a third word countries page.

I've seen a lot of legit photos and videos of some insane tandem stunts in Ukraine or Russia. I myself jumped at a semi-legit sport parachute group in Korea and saw things that would not fly in the states. 3-Person Tandems, putting a toddler in the same harness with (presumably) a parent, Tandem RW.... It doesn't surprise me in the least bit that this may have actually happened. :S
=========Shaun ==========

swoosh

I still don't believe it ;) Too many things to mention but here's one. She has a main in her rig, no reserve. It's all for pictures and it's pretty funny.
My grammar sometimes resembles that of magnetic refrigerator poetry... Ghetto