billvon

Jumperpaula - time to take off your shirt

So far, I've seen evidence of a 10 way. Congrats.
In other news, the Illinois attempt today was scrapped on accounts of 12 inches of snow. That and the fact that 8 of the planned show didn't... show.
Myself, Skymedic, Sunshine, and GumpySmurf got right poluted at the SDC bar. Kick Ass!
As for Paula taking off her shirt, I want evidence.
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

Bar Bets thread, Andy. It's all (which is to say, both of them) right there.

Kick Ass! There's one for the archives.
Paula? Will you marry me?
_Am
MSN Messenger: andrewdmetcalfe at hotmail dot com
Yahoo IM: ametcalf_1999

Actually, chopchop's "real" name is Roy... and it's yahoocurt not yahooLV...
Was an awesome day! Got to meet, skydive and party with some great people and the winds only messed with us for about 40 minutes :)For the record - in the second point of the ten way, from 12 o'clock moving clockwise -
Shark, cptstratton (sp?), yahoocurt, Albatross, skybytch, billvon, grasshopper, ltdiver, hottamaly, keith
Michele jumped today!!!!! :)pull and flare,
lisa
--
What would Scooby Doo?

Kudos to all...or whatever chocolate covered cookie you prefer.
Still haven't come close to the Florida record yet. Talk about it for months then it quietly goes away. I guess Alzheimer's is contagious.
Congrats.
Just take it one day at a time, like the drunks do.
flyhi
B|

Well Well, I must salute the SoCal jumpers :)So which record are you guys holding? Gunna call one "Texas Rules" and one "SoCal Rules"?? I just need to know do I have to orginize a 13-way 2 point dive? Which one do I have to beat? Oh, hell I think I'll just beat them BOTH!
And what are the jump numbers of the members of the jumps? I know the Texas record was set with way few numbers then ya'll.. Not saying SoCal doesn't hold the record :P You guys ROCK!!!!!!
My New Website with 24hr Chat

I just need to know do I have to orginize a 13-way 2 point dive? Which one do I have to beat?

Hold onto your hat Slap. I have an idea... but it's like... top secret & stuff. ;)
And to you SoCal-ers! WE SHALL AVENGE YOU!!!! :D
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

sorry grasshopper! I was a bit toasted last night when I got home. PLEASE forgive me!
As for Curt. I talked to him last night and he was wrong about his on-line name being Yahoocurt. It -is- Yahoolv (thread 'Beer Bet' has his post).
See ya'll at the dz today (if we can wake up;^)
ltdiver

And to you SoCal-ers! WE SHALL AVENGE YOU

My name is Itegwa Montaga, you killed my record, prepare to die! :D
Well, if the rules are held up as Lisa and group had fought so hard to establish, then the 2-point 10 way is the current holder, since a non-slot specific dive of over about 8 people is supposed to be really dangerous. *shrug* They can claim that anyways they want to though, we flamed back and forth about it before and I don't want to get into that again. :)Either way, Congrats! It was great to see a dz.com group get together, have some fun jumps, get drunk, we did see boobies (that's jumperpaula ;)), so it's all good.
"Wait...are you selling Penis Mighters?"

Jumperpaula,
Nice tits! Will you marry me??
Anyway, I could careless about the record, as I got to meet, drink beer/tequila, and skydive with some really, fuckin' cool people. (Not necessarily in that order, of course.) But it was a lot of fun. You Texass skydivers will have a good shit-kickin' time, as we did. Remember, this comp is about FUN!

Has yahoocurt ever posted on the forums? Is that all it takes to be part of a dz.com record, having registered a username??? I think we need to clarify eligibility a little. (although I did recognize a hell of a lot more names in your record than the old one!)
"Don't die until you're dead"

We had discussed that (user elgibility) at great length previous and I thought we had come to the concensous that the people only have to have a registered name and that they should have had registered atleast more then 24hrs in advance to keep in the spirit of things. The point was argued that a great majority of the users on this site have never posted, some only do in the classifieds, some merely lurk. If you randomly take a look at the "Who's Online" section you'll notice a Newbie reading that has never posted before. This occurs more then once a day, atleast I have noticed it (I'm constantly checking the who's online and clicking on users I haven't seen before, you reach some interesting websites that way, actually). :)"Give me one ping and one ping only..."

people only have to have a registered name and that they should have had registered atleast more then 24hrs in advance to keep in the spirit of things.

Aaaah, OK, so thats cleared that up then. I still think anybody taking part in a record should at least be off newbie status. Or at least have posted even ONCE to the forums. Or is that asking too much? What are these records actually supposed to prove then? I think the 4-way at Texel still stands as the only authentic DZ.com big way!!!! :)Will

I think the 4-way at Texel still stands as the only authentic DZ.com big way!!!!

You know, it will probably never happen, but it would be cool to get a group together of the "old crowd" that was before the new site. Get a sort of "old timers" jump...
"Give me one ping and one ping only..."

Is that really Bill von Novak??? Funny, but I had pictured him as this older serious academic type with a long grey beard and glasses (wearing a white lab coat for a jumpsuit)! And was skybytch trying it on with keith??? Looked a bit too lovey dovey to me!
;)

Has yahoocurt ever posted on the forums?

Curt's posted in the camera forums several times, both as yahoocurt and as yahoolv.
We discussed this on Saturday and ended up not having someone (a good skydiver btw) join us because he only lurks.
pull and flare,
lisa