SpeedRacer

Dubya's brain

I agree with Quade on the reasons for doubting Dubya's brainpower. And I'd dispute some of his "accomplishments". And if he actually is smart, but has trouble in communicating his brilliant ideas to either his subordinates or the public, what is the benefit of his intelligence? One way or another, the insights must get out of his skull and out to the world. He has not been able to do that so far.
All criticisms aside, he does have his strong points. I think he has more backbone than Gore seems to. Either he isn't as slimy, or is just better at hiding it. Given my comments about intelligence, I don't think he is hiding much. While I still don't like him, I think he has done better in office than I anticipated, and has done his best to rise to the challenges that got dumped on him.
Justin

Did you go to a school that's as hard or has as much prestige as G.W. did?

No, but I bet if my daddy were a big wig politician, I would have.

Did you turn the Texas Rangers around financially?

Nope, also didn't bankrupt two oil companies.

You're mistaking his laid back country approach as a lack of intellegence

Isn't it possible you're mistaking his lack of intelligence for a laid back country approach?
Not trying to flame you, but I personally don't think he's the brightest bulb, and no, I'm not a big Al Gore fan either. One thing W. did do right is surround himself with a good cabinet. I'm not unhappy with the current administration, and think recent events have been handled well. But I don't credit Bush with doing it all himself, or even having the most influence.
From Mensa's web site. There were rumors floating around that they found his IQ to be in the 70s (borderline handicapped). That was an exhagerration, but here's a direct quote from Mensa:
"We don't have an IQ score for George W. Bush, but we do know his SAT scores from an article in the New Yorker : 566 verbal, 640 math, and thus 1,206 total." I add that under the imperfect correlations that have been made with SAT scores, that predicts an IQ of about 122 [sub-Mensa]"
The SAT score put him in the 83rd percentile. No, he's not an idiot, but like I said, not the brightest bulb, either.
cielos azules y cerveza fría
-Kevin

George W Bush = C student in college.
Al Bore = C student in college.
People consider Gore smart simply because he has no personality.
Anyone that thinks that Gore didn't use his "daddies" political conections to help him are fooling themselves. So what if Bush used his. If I had the chance I would have also.
If you think the "axis of evil" phrase was irresponsible, I'll by you a one way ticket to one of those countries of your choice. They may not be conspiring together, but........
The truth is "YOUR VOTE DOESN'T COUNT, IT NEVER REALLY HAS." The electoral college elects the president. They are just supposed to be guided by the popular vote. The reality is that everyone in the country could vote for one person and the electoral college can legally chose the loser. If you don't like, work at changing it.
Why did you have to get me started on politics?
Lee

Oh yes, and how about him and his health minister refusing to give AZT to HIV-positive pregnant women because 'AIDS isn't caused by HIV'??? At least Dubya has bright people around him (Cheney, Powell etc.) to help him pick the right colour crayons! :)"Don't die until you're dead"

C = average. Bush went to Yale and Gore went to Harvard. Being an average student at either of those colleges is nothing to be ashamed of.

Considering that the presidency is not an "average" job, and carries above average responsibility, I would like more qualified candidates. I'm certainly not saying grades are all that matter. Far from it. But it would be nice if they did have some serious brain power.
Justin

Since you have been influenced by the obviously liberal media and have no ability to actually form an opinion on fact by yourself.

Now this part has me ROFLMAO.
Anyway, Quade, I think you've got it covered thistime, so I'll just stay in my corner and snicker.
"Men weren't meant to ride
With clouds between their knees"
Five For Fighting

another dumb thing he said is the whole nucleur threat nations, come on that is asking for trouble. I know if he had said that about australia i would be deeply offended. I was especialy surprised of the inclusion of russia, give me one reason why they would want to nuke the US now the are a democracy so its not to prove an ideological one, they are having enough trouble looking after themselves let alone trying to take over another country and the have a ton of US businesses so they would be loosing tax income. Give me one reason why and i will shutup.
Also (according to my paper) he didnt mention places like india and pakistan which arnt just known for having nukes but recently had them pointed at eachother. I also noticed that he said this (please correct me if im wrong) soon after all of those soldiers died in afganistan, hmmm is it just me or was it to get the US accepting of the casualtys.
These pretzels are making me thirsty :)
the only thing you learn at school is to memorize

George W Bush = C student in college.
Al Bore = C student in college.

Something learned in business class a few years back. Made me laugh, then looking back now I find that this next phrase is more true than I realized back then...
'A' students teach
'B' students work for 'C' students!
Think about it! :^)
ltdiver

'B' students work for 'C' students!

Maybe, but this isn't about brains... operating a business has nothing to do with intelluct. And, quite frankly, few "smart" people get involved in politics -- they're too smart to get mixed up with something that grubby. Being a politician is more about manipulating people to get your own way than anything else.
"Men weren't meant to ride
With clouds between their knees"
Five For Fighting

Being a politician is more about manipulating people to get your own way than anything else.

DAMN!!!!!! I'm in the wrong profession!!! ;) (mental note: first thing tomorrow go get me a cheap suit, bottle of scotch and a hore!!! Then start my new gov!!) ;)
jason

Jeez you silly americans dont even know who is incharge of your country

Hell I dont care...as long as I can still say C$CK, S@CKIN, MOTHERF#$KIN, ASSHOLE , TIT, SH%T, C$$T, in public our country must be doing OK!!!!! :)jason
(that was badB|)