ThreesAndSevens

Turbo Z?

No longer in production.
Paraflite is now Airborne Systems and really don't play much in the sport canopy business anymore. http://www.airborne-sys.com/pages/view/products

Some reading information on the canopy...

http://www.dropzone.com/cgi-bin/forum/gforum.cgi?post=2790702#2790702
Nobody has time to listen; because they're desperately chasing the need of being heard.

Mainly depends on the size/wing load.
We used very large turbo-Z's for FJC and student canopies for years.
Easy to pack since only the top skin is ZP
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.

ufk22

Mainly depends on the size/wing load.
We used very large turbo-Z's for FJC and student canopies for years.
Easy to pack since only the top skin is ZP

It's a 185 and my wingload will be about 1.0, so it seems like I would have some fast landings mentioned in the thread BIGUN posted.

Should I even be considering canopies if they are no longer in production?

You might find it a little bit spicy. They were also a little brisk on opening.

The real question is what kind of shape is it in. For example you probable wont be able to get a line set for it. So unlike a more modern ZP canopy which is probable good for 2000 jumps and four line sets if you take care of it and keep it out of the sun. This would basically be a disposable canopy. You would probable only get the remaining jumps in the current line set. Could only be a couple hundred.

That's ok if the price reflects it. Offer him $100 for it.

Lee
Lee
[email protected]
www.velocitysportswear.com

You could do worse, but you could do a lot better. I jumped one for a couple of years. It was a fun canopy and a breeze to pack. I ended up putting a lip on the slider to tone down the openings. Worked like a charm. If you are getting it for a great price then I'd say yes but mostly as a bridge to get you to another canopy later.

ThreesAndSevens

I'm a newly licensed jumper who is looking into buying his first rig. One of the rigs I'm considering has a Turbo Z main, and I haven't been able to find too much info about this model online. Anyone know anything about them? Would it be a good starter canopy?

Thanks.