HurleyHucker

Mirage G3 M2 with Optimum 160 & Spectre 170?

Hey Guys,

Anybody out there rocking or have seen this combo? A Mirage G3 size M2 container with a PD Optimum 160 reserve and a Spectre 170 for the main. According to the Mirage container sizing chart both will fit as "optimal" but I imagine its gonna be pretty damn tight.

Thanks!

pretty damn tight

yeup

optimal+optimal=very tight in a Mirage and downright frustrating with a slippery new canopy

I have an M3 and a Nitron 150 and an R-Max 148 are basically as tight as I'd want to go in it.

I also had an M5 with a PD176 and a Safire 189 which I'd stick in the tight-ish category for reference. I went all the way down to a couple different 150s in it without it being too loose.

Remember Mirage is in Florida so if you pack somewhere really, really dry like the desert optimal=tight.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

Kasimir

Are there any safety concerns of having a PD143 Reserve and Sabre 2 170 in the M2 container regarding a too tight packed container? Thanks

There's no way in god's green earth you're going to make that combination work in an M2 sized container. That would be overstuffed quite a bit.
NSCR-2376, SCR-15080

mattjw916

***Are there any safety concerns of having a PD143 Reserve and Sabre 2 170 in the M2 container regarding a too tight packed container? Thanks

There's no way in god's green earth you're going to make that combination work in an M2 sized container. That would be overstuffed quite a bit.

See above. Apparently other people have successfully done it.