skybytch

I quit!

Smoking that is... as of yesterday I'm a non-smoker and it's not nearly as tough as I was afraid it was going to be. Got the patch to keep the physical cravings under control and TicTacs and sunflower seeds for the habit part. Gosh it's nice to not have stinky clothes, fingers and breath!
Wish me luck! :)pull and flare,
lisa
--
I'll be in the bar... you'll find me...

lisa,
how ironic. Today i made the same decision. To motivate myself I made up the same type of poster/motivation thing that I used to save the money for AFF.. Instead of it being skydive related its a map i drew of australia, with a huge airplane going across the bottom. The airplane is the money counter.. how much I've saved, how much more i need. Its the first thing i see when i walk in my bedroom, right next to my bed so its the first thing i see when i wake up in the morning. I decided to put $4.00 a day towards the trip to OZ (plus whatever extra i add in). but definitally the $4.00 a day i spend on a pack of smokes.. keeping track of how much I save towards my trip by not smoking.
I'm wishing us both the best of luck! i checked out Nicoderm CQ today, geezus, 30 week for 10 weeks.. thats 300.00~! im going to try w/out the patch. my mom has some anti-smoking pills she got from the DR.. i might try them if the cravings get too bad, but im hoping the motivation to get to go to OZ is enough to overpower those cravings.
WE ROCK!! WE CAN DO THIS LIS! I KNOW WE CAN!!
http://kel197.tripod.com/skydivefriendsTRIPOD/

Congrats! Keep it up!
The real test when you first quit is to be able to refrain from smoking when out drinking. You do that and you know you have it licked.
"Zero Tolerance: the politically correct term for zero thought, zero common sense."

The real test when you first quit is to be able to refrain from smoking when out drinking. You do that and you know you have it licked.

I went out drinking the first day after I quit, cause I wanted to face that monster right out of the gate. I was really, really afraid drinking wouldn't be any fun without smoking. I really was.
As it turned out, it freed up my hands so I could drink more. :)

You two girls did the right thing. I don't really know 'cause I've never been a smoker, but from what I hear, it's a tough challenge. Hang in there! Your health will thank you.
"Men weren't meant to ride
With clouds between their knees"
Five For Fighting

im going to try w/out the patch.

If the cravings get too bad, check out some of the non-name brand patches. Don't know if you have Longs drug stores near you, but their house brand stick good and are cheaper than cigarettes - I paid $23 for a week's worth compared to $28+ for a week of smokes if you smoked a pack a day (at $4+ per pack). I must thank hotamaly for this hot tip - she's my motivation, she's a week into it already.

WE ROCK!! WE CAN DO THIS LIS! I KNOW WE CAN!!

Wooo Hoooo!!! Yes we can and YES WE WILL!!! :)Thanks for all the support and good wishes everyone! :)pull and flare,
lisa
--
I'll be in the bar... you'll find me...

awesome lisa. i'm pionting back to zennies post and jess's post. get the drinkning thing outta the way fast. i did it the first weekend. (been smoke free for 2.5 years...bought my rig w/ the money i saved and started an IRA) aparrentlt jess was smart too and beat the temptation like a korean midget!( i guess im the only one laughing at that)
in a few short weeks you'll find the smell of cigarette smoke nuasiating(?)
i was so sick by it i ..uh...actually got sick when ppl blew it in my face....i wish i woulda vomited on them those bastardfs but im too kind for that....(too kind?!)
getting high is fun, but coming down is the best part
JT

just a luagh 4 ya's
when i asked my roomate about his habit. he said. any pu$$y can quit smoking but it takes a real man to face cancer! i almost passed out laughing!
JT

Congrats to you, Lisa :-) What you need is not luck but motivation! Today is my 13th month as a non-smoker - and I am more than happy with that! In winter I bought a brandnew container system with the money I saved. And this year - guess - it will be a brandnew canopy! Yeeehah :-)) I gained 14 lbs. more weight in this time but feeling much more healthy and having a more efficient wingload under canopy ;-)
You'll make it! If you really want.
Blues Marcus
--
Veni, Vidi, Velcro - I came, I saw, I stuck around ;-)

okay heres a helping had for all of you who are afriad to gain weight...DRINK WATER WHEN YOU WANT TO SMOKE! it fills you up, cleanses your system, and kills your craving! and when you cant drink H2O-- do sit ups or push ups or run, bike etc. i know this will be hard at work but put your pride away. YOU WILL FEEL BETTER WHEN YOU CAN SAY "I DID IT!" so you take a break every 1/2 hour to do sit ups...you were probably taking more time to smoke!
JT