capfpg

Falling rates and booties

Hello everyone.

I´m training for the AFF IRC and I´m having some issues when the student floats.

I´m 6"2, weight 190 and I´m wearing a tight RW suit with booties, and for these jumps I´ve added loose sleeves.

The question is, is there anyway to modify my falling rate without changing the suit? I´ve heard about wearing a loose T-shirt over the suit, but I don´t know if it really works. I hardly notice the loose sleeves I´m using.

Thanks and blue skies.

Same issue my side.
I do with a loose long sleeve shirt, does help.
Then I also pull the belly in, or in other words, push the bum out. Gives very good slow rate, but like the upside down dart, flying isn't so cool.

Don't pick the slower students, or lose some weight. lol.
You have the right to your opinion, and I have the right to tell you how Fu***** stupid it is.
Davelepka - "This isn't an x-box, or a Chevy truck forum"
Whatever you do, don't listen to ChrisD.

Did you mean a tight jump suit?

The amount of additional surface area/drag a loose t-shirt provides is much more than a set of sleeves alone. So yes, it will help. But if you are going to be an AFF-I, you need the tools for the job which means dress for success. You might have to get a jump suit that gives you more range, or if the suit is not an option, learn how to better fly your body to not sink out.
50 donations so far. Give it a try.

You know you want to spank it
Jump an Infinity

capfpg

Hello everyone.

I´m training for the AFF IRC and I´m having some issues when the student floats.

I´m 6"2, weight 190 and I´m wearing a thigh RW suit with booties, and for these jumps I´ve added loose sleeves.

The question is, is there anyway to modify my falling rate without changing the suit? I´ve heard about wearing a loose T-shirt over the suit, but I don´t know if it really works. I hardly notice the loose sleeves I´m using.

Thanks and blue skies.

I use a thick hoodie when I'm jumping with the featherweights. It's hot as fuck, and REALLY sucks in the 182 in the summer, but it works. Just make sure to anchor the bottom properly and remove the draw string.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

Just as long as you are aware of the issues that a baggy top can bring (material flopping over handles or rising up since you can't tuck it in), a loose top will help, however during your course you WILL be pulling in the basement on every jump.
You will be leaving to track at or below 3500' and must gain proper separation before deployment. Do you want to be searching through fabric for handles with a spinner at 1500'?
A good suit will give you a lot better range and be safer for you.
I weight 200# and am 5'11". I jumped DiveRites until I couldn't get them. I now have a Bev suit with some poly on the forearms, pleated booties and swoop cords with spandex panels around the chest. This gives me tons of range and I don't have to change suits for different students. The only thing I added to the suit was the adjustable swoop cord fitting from my old Diverite, which lets me change the length on the swoop cords quickly.
Get the right suit, or suits, for the job.
This is the paradox of skydiving. We do something very dangerous, expose ourselves to a totally unnecesary risk, and then spend our time trying to make it safer.