tem1948

changing visor on Phantom

Question [I did search the forum before posting this]:
I have a Phantom helmet, and bought a replacement visor [lens]. I would like to install it. The ONLY information that I can find ANYWHERE, is that it is easy to do, in 30 seconds, without tools. Nowhere could I find instructions on HOW to do it. Searching Google only produced a list of places willing to sell the helmet. Even YouTube let me down.
So, what is the process? I don't want to take a chance on damaging anything.

tem1948

Question [I did search the forum before posting this]:
I have a Phantom helmet, and bought a replacement visor [lens]. I would like to install it. The ONLY information that I can find ANYWHERE, is that it is easy to do, in 30 seconds, without tools. Nowhere could I find instructions on HOW to do it. Searching Google only produced a list of places willing to sell the helmet. Even YouTube let me down.
So, what is the process? I don't want to take a chance on damaging anything.

Did you buy it new? If so didn't it come with some kind of instructions?

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

I bought it [the visor] new. It came with no instructions.
Since my post I played with the helmet a little, and very cautiously pushed back [aft] on the two tabs in front of the mounting pivots, then spread the visor by pushing out on the plastic body of the visor near the pivots. This worked. Once the visor was dismounted I could see the mechanism that releases it, but not until then. Pushing the tabs aft makes two holes concentric that were previously offset, thus providing clearance for the flange on the pivot.
I was apprehensive. In the past I have broken things by guessing incorrectly how a concealed release worked.
Once you know how to do it, it really is easy and takes <30 seconds.

tem1948

I bought it [the visor] new. It came with no instructions.
Since my post I played with the helmet a little, and very cautiously pushed back [aft] on the two tabs in front of the mounting pivots, then spread the visor by pushing out on the plastic body of the visor near the pivots. This worked. Once the visor was dismounted I could see the mechanism that releases it, but not until then. Pushing the tabs aft makes two holes concentric that were previously offset, thus providing clearance for the flange on the pivot.
I was apprehensive. In the past I have broken things by guessing incorrectly how a concealed release worked.
Once you know how to do it, it really is easy and takes

I checked everywhere I could think of and found references to the "user manual" but could not find one to read. >:(:S

Sparky
My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals

footballhokie

I too had this problem a while back, someone was able to scan it in for me too. I still have the digital copy so I can send it to anyone who wants it also. Hopefully that can save you the time of scanning it.

That "someone" was actually me :-P. I won't have to scan it again, I still have the scanned version.