bbrodes

Need A Good Rig Bag!

Hey everybody, I'm trying to find out which gear(rig) bags are the best on the market. I just bought a brand new rig (wings, pilot,PDR,cypress2) and need a really tough bag for it. I almost always take my motorcycle to the DZ so I need a bag that I feel comfortable holding a 6000 rig on my back without worrying about any possibilities of it coming open or coming off my back. Any suggestions? Thanks, blueskies!

Has nothing to do with skydiving but I have bought two of these now.
http://lbtinc.com/sale/enhanced-warfighter-load-out-bag.html

One when on sale for $80 and one later at the $50 price. Look at the normal listing and see the normal price of $309. These bags are well worth the $300 let alone the $50. I've got lots of bags and some back packs and have never seen a bag built this well. Hidden pack straps, sheet foam to give it structure and on and on. I couldn't buy the materials in this bag for $100 let alone the 10s of hours it would take to build. The reviews are all correct. I'm sure mine will see use as gear bags.

I can't say it enough. I don't care what bag you've seen before this is built better. Perhaps not quite as refined as a North Face (or whatever it top of the line) expedition pack but better for its intended job. This is a tank. And the dimensions at first might seem maybe to small but you could put two big rigs in one of these. There's a video somewhere of a person crawling out of one. You're rig might survive a crash, certainly better than you will unless you ride in full armor.

I can't stop. This is the best value deal of anything I've ever found. And I'M CHEAP.:P

The only thing better is a rolling Pelican case but not as convient on the bike.

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

I pulled one of mine out. It was bigger than I remembered. If it had compression straps it might work but it probably is too big. The idea would be to wear it backpack style and it might work on my 750 vulcan but it would be big. On a sport bike no way.

But I got to tell dz.com about it.B|

I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Just be careful when you close the zippers.
The zippers of the gear bag of a friend opened up when he was riding his motorbike. His unpacked main sneaked out the bag and pulled his gear out the bag. Sadly a truck behind him could not avoid his gear anymore.

So, if it is a double zipper, do not position the zippers in the middle, but at a side.

See picture.

a friend of mine has this one:
http://www.chutingstar.com/skydive/chutingstar-gear-bag

it has a lot of space but the build quality doesent seem to be that good. the insidepockets started to rip of. Still its a nice bag.

I just looked at this one which looks nice to me:
http://www.chutingstar.com/skydive/fliteline-gear-bag-3364

I had the generic rig bags fall apart due to the fact I have a heavy big-boy rig. Then I used a DeepSea (brand) scuba type gear bag that was pretty well used as a substitute. Have been using that bag for about 5 years. Lots of room for rig + stuff.
It has backpack straps + rollers and expando straps on the side so when I am lazy I just rigger fold the main and put in gear bag if I dont feel like packing.

You have a good choice of gear bags at ParaGear on their catalog or on line. See their catalog at page 117.
You can also ask a master rigger to make a custom one for you. It's important to be able to wear it on your shoulders too.
Learn from others mistakes, you will never live long enough to make them all.