1 1
IHazySky

Recommended bartack machines

Can anyone help me out with the difference between the 1900 and the 1900A? Also, what bout the b430e and the b434ex? I am looking to get a used electronic bartack machine for line sets and some other webbing projects. Which machine can do heavy materials and lines! Is this possible? I am trying to find a balance, as I can only get one tacking machine at the moment... Why do u prefer the Juki/brother?!
Thanks...

I just got a 1900 bar tack. I chose it because I was able to get the eprom from one of the guys on here that contains all the common used skydiving bar tacks. It came highly recommended over the brother 430's from many sources.

There are different variant models of the 1900. I'd sourced one which deals with heavy weight materials. There was a recent thread on this group about the 1900 and 1900a.

1900A has a larger stitch field and somewhat different electronic controls than the 1900. Either will work but finding a good used one takes time. There are some over priced ones with the paint wore off in Texas. You want 1900HS or 1900AHS. The H stands for heavy duty for e and f thread and the S stands for standard. 1900HA uses air to actuate the clamp. I don’t think there were 1900A HA's but pay attention to the model. The three best used ones I've seen (and I bought one) came out of DOD surplus through Government Liqudators. All three like brand new. They label.them as unfixable but mine just needed some tension adjustment.

Mark Lancaster (masterrigger1) has them eproms with center stop/start factory patterns. Don't know much about the Brothers.
I'm old for my age.
Terry Urban
D-8631
FAA DPRE

Terry,
Do not confuse the guys with the "A" in designation.

1900-HS = heavy series

1900A-HS = newer revision heavy series

1900-HA= air operated clamp on original machine

1900A-HA=newer revision air operated clamp machine

MEL
Skyworks Parachute Service, LLC
www.Skyworksparachuteservice.com