McCartney

Cypres use after missed service

Hi guys,
I'm considering buying a used Cypres 2. It was manufactured in 2005 and due its 4 year service in 2009 but as the owner was not jumping it was not serviced until 2011. Just wondering where would I stand if I purchased it?

Could I still use this device and when would I have to get it serviced next as originally the 8 year service would have been due in 2013.

Appreciate any help

From the http://www.cypres-usa.com/maintenance_west_hemisphere.htm page

"CYPRES needs the factory maintenance 4 years and 8 years after the original date of manufacture (as stated on the serial number label).

To avoid any inconveniences, there is a leeway of plus/minus 3 months in which the maintenance will be performed. Should the maintenance date be missed, we are able to perform it at a later date. However, returning a CYPRES for maintenance at a date later than due has no advantages. The subsequent maintenance will still be due at four year intervals from date of manufacture."
Owned by Remi #?

There's a plus or minus 6 month window for the servicing, so for example if it had been manufactured in November 2005, you would be able to jump it until the end of April. It can be noted on the card that while the pack job is OK to 180 days (or whatever is appropriate for where you live), the AAD expiry date can also be noted, which in most places invalidates the pack job unless the non-maintained AAD is removed.

If it were built mid 2005 or earlier though, it would have to go in for service before a rigger would pack it up.

Let's not muddy the waters here with a lot of other information. It's good to go ONLY if it has its new sticker with the current service date on it, IF it is still within the +6 month window from the DOM since we are in 2014. So my question is, what is the date of manufacture?

And yes, it still will need its 8 year service +/-6 month from it's DOM.

labrys

Thanks. I wasn't aware.

And indeed you weren't helped, in that you found a document on the Cypres USA site that didn't make it clear that it was only about Cypres 1's and not Cypres 2's.

The change was made so that nobody would get grumpy about having to send off their unit in their main jump season, just because their unit was built in a particular month.

The change was made so that nobody would get grumpy about having to send off their unit in their main jump season, just because their unit was built in a particular month.

When I first processed that, I assumed that it must have been because of the increased repack cycle from 120 days to 180.
Owned by Remi #?

labrys

When I first processed that, I assumed that it must have been because of the increased repack cycle from 120 days to 180.

The +/- 6 months grace period was introduced in 2003, along with Cypres2. The 180 day (U.S.) repack cycle was introduced just few years ago.