Edra

Screaming chute sound ?

Hello all.. not sure if i'm in the right section but thought I would ask here in gear..
I was watching some guys swooping the other day and one of them had a chute that sounded like a formula 1 car or jet quite literally..

Does anyone know which canopy's scream like this and why ?
"You'll shoot your eye out kid"

The sound was probably just the lines of the canopy cutting through the wind at high speed. Small canopy + good swooper = MUCH louder than anyone else.

Was the sound different from a normal swoop, or was this the first time you've seen a swoop that sounded like this?
"When once you have tasted flight..."

yoink

Years ago I saw a guy who had a small tube taped to his shoe with some sort of nose maker inside it...

It made him sound like a Stukka dive Bomber when he was in a dive. :D

As I recall, Stukas sometimes were equipped with sirens on them as well to augment the sound, for psychological effect.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LCB8ZVxKqyI

Now I really want one, but I'd probably get too involved in pretending to divebomb the enemy airbase...err...runway and then become a real hazard rather than just an imaginary one.

Edra

Hello all.. not sure if i'm in the right section but thought I would ask here in gear..
I was watching some guys swooping the other day and one of them had a chute that sounded like a formula 1 car or jet quite literally..

Does anyone know which canopy's scream like this and why ?

Small highly loaded canopies make that sound. It's the wind in the lines
Experienced jumper - someone who has made mistakes more often than I have and lived.