ststorm

Aero Tech Canopies - experiences

I'm building a new rig and looking for a new canopy and found the Aero Tech brand. I was looking at the canopies on their website.
I was originally going to buy a Sabre2 150 (downsizing from a Saber1 170). I'm a newer jumper and currently have about 60 jumps (most on my Sabre1 170.
I focus heavily on my canopy skills and have pretty good accuracy with my Sabre 170 and have a pretty good flare with soft standing landings, but its honestly starting to feel a little slow on final landing.
I expect to be at about 200 jumps by the time I actually have my new rig completly put together and ready to jump.
The Aero Tech canopies seem to be relatively newer and I haven't found much information on them. I saw a couple of posts here, but it looked like some of the posts were a little old.
Can anyone point me to any other safety or perfomance evaluations on Aero Tech canopies or theier canopies, or provide me with personal experiences with them?
I was considering the Apache as it sounds very similar to the Sabre, but am willing to consider all feedback. Thanks much and Blue Skies to all.
Sammy T Storm

Never heard of Aero Tech, but just from their website I'd guess the Comanche is a closer analogue to the Sabre 2 than the Apache.

The Apache is listed as fully elliptical - probably not the best idea for a first canopy.

I also couldn't see any pricing. Why are you looking at Aero Tech specifically? Are they lots cheaper?

Aero Tech's website - www.flyaerotech.com
Aerodyne's website - www.flyaerodyne.com

Aero Tech's address - 1405 Flightline Blvd, Deland.
Aerodyne's address - 1407 flightline Blvd, Deland.

Are the two companies related?

Maybe I'm thinking of the addresses in too much of a British way, as being 2 different in the number would usually put them next to each other over here, no idea if that's the same with the acres more space available in the US?!
Sky Switches - Affordable stills camera tongue switches and conversion adaptors, supporting various brands of camera (Canon, Sony, Nikon, Panasonic).

Can anyone point me to any other safety or perfomance evaluations on Aero Tech canopies or theier canopies, or provide me with personal experiences with them?

Have you tried calling them? I'm sure they could send you some info. I would also ask them if they have a demo canopy they can send out for you to test out.
We're not fucking flying airplanes are we, no we're flying a glorified kite with no power and it should be flown like one! - Stratostar

I'd say if your profile information is accurate (you are loading your 170 at 1.1) then stick to it for a while longer - it has plenty more to teach you.

I'm not talking about learning to fly it to its limits, I'm just talking about learning to fly.

50 jumps is a very small number, and a 150 at 1.25 is a lot of canopy, even with a couple of hundred jumps.

Your Sabre2 is a great canopy, I wouldn't be too keen to ditch it for something else too quickly ;)

--
"I'll tell you how all skydivers are judged, . They are judged by the laws of physics." - kkeenan

"You jump out, pull the string and either live or die. What's there to be good at?

Aero Tech Products has been in business for the last 15 years. They have been a subcontractor for all of the parachute equipment manufacturers in Deland. Aero Tech has designed and built the Icon for Aerodyne since 2005. We have built the Eiff Aerodynamics Classic accuracy canopy since 2003. We have also built base rigs and canopies for Nitro Rigging and are building canopies for Asylum designs. Aero Tech has built main and reserve canopies for our military customers, cargo restraint systems for FedEx aircraft, the preferred sewing contractor for Lockheed Martin. We also design and build a complete line of main canopies that have been in the field since 2005. More to come this year! By the way, two separate companies! We have demos available also.