dreamtoy

Audible Altimeter Batteries/Alternative

if you need to replace the batteries for a PRO-TRACK audible and cant find the CR2330 batteries it uses, you can successfully use CR2032 batteries for the audible which are a lot more common to come across (walgreens,cvs etc..). the CR2032 batteries are smaller then the factory recommended CR2330s, just center the CR2032s and put the batt cover back on while they remain centered and the audible will function like normal.

**if your DZ gear store has the Normal CR2330s then support your local dz but if you are away and in a pinch the CR2032s will get the job done.

Pretty much every button lithium cell is going to be 2.8V-3V, so you can put in any of them and they'll work just fine. The 4 digit series specifies the physical dimensions. I've made some macgyver fixtures for small electronics in a pinch, it's a nice little tidbit of info. Just remember that there will be a difference (often significant) in charge capacity.

yeah i'm aware you can get them on ebay and all over the internet however they are not easy to come by in local stores. thats why i stated if someone needed them when they were traveling by chance or had to use them in a pinch. if you need something to work now and don't have the luxury to wait for a couple days deliver or maybe you forgot to order them in advance.

dreamtoy

yeah i'm aware you can get them on ebay and all over the internet however they are not easy to come by in local stores. thats why i stated if someone needed them when they were traveling by chance or had to use them in a pinch. if you need something to work now and don't have the luxury to wait for a couple days deliver or maybe you forgot to order them in advance.

Buy TWO sets, and keep one pair in your gear bag for backup. Along with one of those tiny screwdrivers to remove the battery cover. Don't lose those little gold springs!

"Well if you want to get old school you can just stare at the ground the whole time. "

Or just count in your head. That's what I did for my first 35 jumps off student status. I could buy an altimeter or buy more jumps. Easy choice for a kid to make.

One thousand, two thousand...

2018 marks half a century as a skydiver. Trained by the late Perry Stevens D-51 in 1968.