Safelandings

Sizing for G3 helmets

Looking to by a G3 helmet and wanted to know how to sizing charts work for them? The reason I'm asking is my measurement is 23". Now do I go with the large or extra large which goes from 221/4 to 23, and the xx large goes from 23 to 24. I don't know how the lining is in them. If I get the xx large can I add extra padding into it to make it fit more snug if I find it on the loose side? Or is the lining thick and it will compress down after wearing it for awhile if it's too snug? Sorry for having so many questions. I live in Canada so if I need to return it for another size there are extra charges for crossing the board.

Kelly

Hello Kelly.
I was in the same situation as you a couple of years ago and as a result have had the pleasure of buying two G3s. I was on the borderline between a Large and a XL and originally ordered the L. It turned out it was too tight.

The shape of an individual's head can affect the fit quite a bit so I would encourage you to try someone else's if at all possible. I understand that most Canadians don't have access to gear stores and other outlets, but the G3 has become quite a popular helmet. If you can wait until your local DZ opens you will likely be able to find several people with different sizes to try. I can only offer one data point and that would support the notion of an XX over an XL if you are on the borderline.

Wait until you can try one on to be sure: between shipping, customs brokerage, and currency exchange my G3(s) were roughly $500 CAD (each).

I hope your choice works well for you and you enjoy the helmet. I think that the G3 is popular for good reasons.

BSWT,
Alan