SBS

Freefall sucks!

I thought your favorite technique was to lay them on their back so you can french kiss them at the same
time !!
-----------------------
This is so wrong, but I'm not going to be the only one with this image...
Being on its back, the sheep has no footing to push back, so wraps its hooves around its lover, pulling for dear life, its head draped back over the edge of the cliff in an intense melange of terror and ecstasy.
I'm going to go say a few hail mary's and bang my head on the pavement...
:-)

Being on its back, the sheep has no footing to push back, so wraps its hooves around its lover, pulling for dear life, its head draped back over the edge of the cliff in an intense melange of terror and ecstasy.

Dare I ask how you know so much detail concerning this technique? :D
I'm all in favor of keeping dangerous weapons out of the hands of fools. Let's start with typewriters.

Dare I ask how you know so much detail concerning this technique?
---------------------------
AUTO REPLY -
Steve is currently slamming his head in the door for thinking of the last post, let alone, posting it.
He will respond to any posts upon his return, unless his slit wrists have caused him to bleed to death by such time.
Thank you.

A friend and I both did a tandem. She suffered vertigo and really doesn't care to do another jump. I, on the other hand, absolutely am addicted!!!! I have since made another jump. She might consider another, only if she wore the "patch" for motion sickness. I have mentioned paragliding to her and she mentioned after she found something for the vertigo. So I think she would like to try another jump, so she could enjoy it more. Those are her words, "this time I want to enjoy it". I loved the freefall (even though I didn't arch very well on exit the first jump, sensory overload!) and the canopy ride was just as much fun! Geez, I loved doing a skydive!!!!!!!!!!
J
"Catch your dreams, go skydiving".

When I did my tandems, I absolutely LOVED the freefall part of it. That is what brought me back again and again....it's the canopy ride that wigs me out. That's when I'm thankful I'm strapped to hunky tandem master. Hopefully I'll get over that fear for AFF tomorrow..

did a vid for a friend of mine on his first tandem. he was scared a s s#$t but he went said he liked the free fall,canopy opening scared him ride was cool..and after he landed first words were " i can say i've done it but i'll never do it again!!!"
30 mins later he was rethinking that quote:D
if ya can't dodge it RAM IT !!!!!!
click me

I have had some troubling freefalls lately. And to be honest...I did NOT have fun that day. Two jumps...my exits were great...saw the plane got into boxman position, then it started. I turn to the left and the more I try to correct it, it gets worse. Part of my problem is I need to relax more, but once I start in the turn, I get frustrated. My last jump that day, I was ready to quit. I turned so fast...and was still turning when it was time to open. I got slapped around by the risers and my ears were ringing real bad.
Oh well, I will have fun again as soon as I correct the spin! : )
What you "think" you cannot do ...you CAN if you "think" about it ;)

I took a girl on a tandem this morning

While I was back at work having a Monday. You're welcome Steve. :P

So, curious, how many people has everyone seen, friends, family, random jumpers, etc., that really didn't like their jump?

None in the over 100 tandem first jumpers that I took. One of my best friends from high school did a tandem shortly after I started jumping; after the skydive she said that it wasn't anything like what she expected, she didn't have fun doing it and she was glad that I'd paid for it, not her. Needless to say, we don't talk much anymore...
I put out one static line first jumper who absolutely hated it too; asked me after the jump what the big deal was.
Every AFF first jumper I've seen has been totally stoked and wanted more.
pull & flare,
lisa
---
On the other hand...you have different fingers

Actually this remeinds me of one FJ student that I met who said that he didn't see what the big deal was, and he wasn't scared at all. He came back for another thinking it would get better and all he said to me was "actually I'm trying to do something that has an adreneline rush to it, and this just isn't it"
Bizarre.
Gale (Maybe the most scared jumper out there!)
Life's not worth living if you can't feel alive

Man are AFF students nervous. Relax damnit....................Let it go..........Breath.......

You know what seb.... thats the best damn advise you can give an AFF student.. really... of all my JM's i can still here Brian Heap and Gary Peek on my coached jumps at archway just lookin me in the eyes and saying "relax and have fun"!!
Its all good...... :)work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like nobodys watching.

I tend to think girls will say No to anyone a lot faster than a young dude.

you know.. i haven't even read any further than this .... and i can tell this is it... the post was HIJACKED HERE! LOL
work like you don't need the money, love like you've never been hurt and dance like nobodys watching.

I gotta say on my first tandem the freefall portion went quite fast! Im hangin out enjoying the view and suddenly we are vertical! Going through student progression at a very busy DZ, I geared up with and sat next to soooo many tandems in the plane and watched their videos after the jump. One of the girls actually covered her face with her hands and turned her head away from the camera (probably because she was crying). Other than the couple that said that is was great (with the o my god we are never doing this agian look on their face) I think those are the only ones who didnt enjoy it much!
I'm not stubborn, I'm high-spirited!