Spy38W

JumpTrack Q for Computer People

So I just got my Pro-Track and Jump-Track this weekend and am in the process of trying to download the weekend jump (yes singular, grumble) but am not getting anywhere. I put the PT in the cradle which is plugged into the serial port, clicked connect in JumpTrack and can't get the red light to come on. I think it might be me selecting the wrong com port, but think I have tried them all, so I was wondering if there is an easy way to figure out which com port it is, and any other tips anybody might have.
Thanks in advance
--
Give them a sip of the darkside, and they just thirst for more.

I don't think I'm even getting that far.
If everything I'm reading is correct, I should be getting a red light on the cradle just by having it connected to the computer, and clicking connect in the software (I did try rebooting). At any rate, I did also try it with the Protrack on and in PC (then pressing set to start the countdown), still no red light.
Maybe I should just show the cable who's boss by giving it a bit of solo freefall time.. :)--

i beleive you don't even have to have PT to see the red LED. if your cable is plugged, port is enabled/set by BIOS/other and you select the right port in the jumptrack and hit connect, the red LED should be lit.
stan.

You haven't got another process hanging onto the same COM port have you like Palm replication software or something similar?

Hrm, now that you mention it, I did have the Palm software installed prior to installing XP (upgrade which held on to all my old programs), haven't used it since the upgrade so I'll check that, and then the BIOS, wish me luck
--

Just wanted to say thanks all, I figured it out.
I ended up uninstalling the Palm Desktop since I don't use it anymore anyway, that didn't work.
So then I went into the BIOS as was suggested and saw that the serial port was disabled. So I turned it on, guessed at what IRQ/thatfunky4characterletter thing to use, and then checked the device manager to make sure it wasn't conflicting with anything. Fired up the JumpTrack, and whalla.
So I guess it came down to an I-D-10-T error.. :)Thanks again for all the help.
--