wicodefly

Help with value of rig?

Hello,

Apologies if this is not the right place to post this. I'm not necessarily looking to sell, just establish value. I may just end up getting a second rig.

I'm *maybe* looking to sell my rig to get a different one. I was looking for some guidance on what I might be able to get for it with and w/o the Vigil II.

Here are the specs as I understand them (I have pics):

- Container: Mirage G4.1 M4 – DOM March 24, 2011 Serial 9708

Has lots of features, not sure what they all are, padded back, the elastic back

Fits many main canopy sizes, per the chart on this page, mostly 150 to 190’s. Although there are some smaller options. Reserves a little smaller (150 – 176):
http://www.miragesys.com/sizing-guide/

Rig is green and yellow. Sort of military colors.

Everything is in great shape

Features:
- Bungee Leg Strap
- RSL
- Padded back
- Really good comfortable leg pads
- Hacky handle with collapsible pilot chute.
- Fully articulated
- Metal D-ring
- Velcroless Toggles

Reserve repacked 10/9/13

Canopies:
Main is an Aerodyne Triathlon 175 that is in great shape. It’s still slippery, no patches or anything. Flies really nicely. DOM 2008 (don’t want to open it at the moment to find month, but I think it's June or August).

Reserve is a PD Optimum 176, Serial 004128 the largest possible that according to the card has no rides DOM 2/11.

Vigil II DOM 11/10 Serial 21813

Two owners. I believe it has about 300-ish jumps. I have put about 40 to 50 on it.

Lines are okay, probably need to be replaced in “a couple hundred” jumps according to rigger that gave them to me. The steering lines seemed a little bit frayed to me, but rigger and other experienced folks say they are fine.

Thanks in advance for your help!
Chance favors the prepared mind.

People here would be reluctant to guess publicly. You really need to establish the price by finding out going prices of the components. You should contact a major dealer about a possible trade in, or do the research in the classifieds.
Always remember the brave children who died defending your right to bear arms. Freedom is not free.

gowlerk

People here would be reluctant to guess publicly. You really need to establish the price by finding out going prices of the components. You should contact a major dealer about a possible trade in, or do the research in the classifieds.

Ok, thanks for the help. I have been looking at the classified, just tough for me to compare apples to apples.

Thanks!

mcordell

***2400 and thats excluding the vigil. For personal reasons I wont put a price on a vigil because I will not buy one.

That seems low....

Yea, I was thinking it has to be worth at least like $50,000 - $60,000. I'd be willing to knock like $100 off for the right buyer.

I can't remember all the places here on DZ.com but do a search on establishing value, there are lots of posts about this things like take a dollar off for every jump, or stuff like take a hundred off for every year. I can't remember at the moment. But many popular canopies hold their value very well.

I suspect considering the age and condition they will draw very close to what they cost originally.

You have listed some very popular size's.

Why do you ask?

C

Find a local rigger and or use an escrow service. Chuting Star is doing that for a small fee, give them a call.....I'm not sure who else is but most all of the DZ's have a place where you can do this.
But what do I know, "I only have one tandem jump."

Thanks for the info about both, especially the escrow service.

After looking some more, I did find the article I think you were talking about from ChutingStar. This one: http://www.chutingstar.com/more/skydive/expert-advice/43-gear-price-comparison-info. Definiately some good info. I have a much better idea of what I have now.

The reason that I'm asking is that I'd like to get something a little different at some point. Now, over the winter might be a good time. I'd rather just sell the whole thing and buy something that's complete. I am also considering a new container.

If anyone wants to see pics I uploaded a bunch ti SkyDrive here:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CD32A9391BA8BD3E!321&authkey=!AEJourYGNVvK0Gw&ithint=folder%2c.pdf

Thanks again.

wicodefly

Thanks for the info about both, especially the escrow service.

After looking some more, I did find the article I think you were talking about from ChutingStar. This one: http://www.chutingstar.com/more/skydive/expert-advice/43-gear-price-comparison-info. Definiately some good info. I have a much better idea of what I have now.

The reason that I'm asking is that I'd like to get something a little different at some point. Now, over the winter might be a good time. I'd rather just sell the whole thing and buy something that's complete. I am also considering a new container.

If anyone wants to see pics I uploaded a bunch ti SkyDrive here:
https://skydrive.live.com/redir?resid=CD32A9391BA8BD3E!321&authkey=!AEJourYGNVvK0Gw&ithint=folder%2c.pdf

Thanks again.

My idea of a fair fight is clubbing baby seals