gunneroy

Wings mag riser covers-anyone seen any?

Was looking at wings containers and noticed they had an option of magnetic riser covers,
The option is kinda hidden and sun-rider seem less that proud of it.
Anyone know why? any one have any experience with wings mag riser covers can say if they work well or not?
They seem to be a big buzz word right now (with the new icon etc) so I dont see why wings wouldn't promote them if they had a good working setup?
Cheers,
Rou

gunneroy

Was looking at wings containers and noticed they had an option of magnetic riser covers,
The option is kinda hidden and sun-rider seem less that proud of it.
Anyone know why? any one have any experience with wings mag riser covers can say if they work well or not?
They seem to be a big buzz word right now (with the new icon etc) so I dont see why wings wouldn't promote them if they had a good working setup?
Cheers,
Rou

Well, they may have to pay royalties on the magnetic riser covers, so instead of making a big deal of it, they're just letting people who pay attention know they can get them.
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

theonlyski

Well, they may have to pay royalties on the magnetic riser covers, so instead of making a big deal of it, they're just letting people who pay attention know they can get them.

That surely is included in the price for the option.
It seems they don't advertise many of their options on their home page. Perhaps they don't think it is worth it?

bofh

That surely is included in the price for the option.
It seems they don't advertise many of their options on their home page. Perhaps they don't think it is worth it?

I was talking to a guy that was building a new tandem rig and when I asked if they'll have the magnetic riser covers, he said hell no. Apparently his boss called him and said that people want it, so they will do it.;)
"I may be a dirty pirate hooker...but I'm not about to go stand on the corner." iluvtofly
DPH -7, TDS 578, Muff 5153, SCR 14890
I'm an asshole, and I approve this message

It it right on the order form directly above the the picture that outlines which sections of the container can be colored...and are listed on the options price list ($80).

I've seen a few folks with them and they seem pretty happy with the option - mix of FF and RW types. They appear to be well integrated and I'd happily order them as an option (not that really means anything to anybody...). I tried on a few of the pre-production rigs (in various sizes) when the engineers were working out whatever it is they were working out. Pretty comfortable - moreso than my year old Talon.

Never jumped a new one, though...FWIW.

gunneroy

wings mag riser covers can say if they work well or not?
Cheers,
Rou

Honestly I don't think good marketing is Sunrise's strong suit.

I've seen the magnetic riser covers and they work fine. No reason not to order them if you want them.
"What if there were no hypothetical questions?"

I have seen those on one of the early sponsored rigs. The geometry is very clean. If the extra cost for the option is not a deterrent for you, I'm pretty sure you'll end up being happy for choosing them.
Padalcek - CCO, HF-17
http://www.theflyinghellfish.com
I'm not a real skydiver - but I do play one on dz.com.

I have em on my wings, i like em a lot. they contain 4 magnets on each flap, totally 16 magnets for the whole rig. they dont work over a large range, so far, they work great. and i havent had them come undone yet. i can snap a pic of em later tonight if you like.