gjkubacki

Question About Stowing Aerodyne Tandem Brakes

Hello, does anyone know whether an aerodyne tandem parachute stows both sets of brakes taking excess out of the brake lines or if it is just the yellow primary toggles that has slack stowed. If you don't understand what I mean, I'm basically asking do you stow the brakes like a sigma vectran tandem canopy or like a sigma dacron tandem canopy. Or something totally different!? Thanks a lot!

gjkubacki

Hello, does anyone know whether an aerodyne tandem parachute stows both sets of brakes taking excess out of the brake lines or if it is just the yellow primary toggles that has slack stowed. If you don't understand what I mean, I'm basically asking do you stow the brakes like a sigma vectran tandem canopy or like a sigma dacron tandem canopy. Or something totally different!? Thanks a lot!

Does each line have a brake setting? That should answer your question. Although if it doesn't have a brake setting on the flare toggle then you would have to find out if Aerodyne recommend stowing the excess brake line in a rubber band at the canopy. It seems that practice is slowly disappearing though.

jonathan.newman

When I packed Aerodyne A2 tandems, I would set the yellow toggle first, then the flare toggle, then flip the riser over and stow the excess -- with the steering excess going one way, and the flare excess going the other.

So, yes, if you are packing an A2, set both.

Same on a dual hawk except you don't have separate flare and steer toggles. Both cat eye's get stowed on the white locking loop.

That of course is purely hypothetical of course, I can't remember if Strong is still taking the position as manufacturer that only their canopies are approved for use with the Dual Hawk tandem system??!

:|
"The restraining order says you're only allowed to touch me in freefall"
=P